Help :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Healthy Mommas Club LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 20th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Turtlesong's Avatar Veteran
I really need some help with this weight loss thing. It's kicking my butt right now. I've lost 17.. almost 18 lbs since August but I'm just getting so frustrated. I've got a blog on Blogger (link below) and writing about it has helped till the last few weeks. I am just frustrated because it's taking so long. I'm on some meds where people will often gain. I've read online that it's really hard to lose even once your'e off the meds. Some lose but I gained 20 lbs within two months of starting it.

I'm on a diet forum but they just don't have as good of a community as JM has. I have been away for awhile and couldn't remember my old username so I set up a new one.

Anyway, I'd like to join you guys on here. I really do need all the help I can get.
November 20th, 2010, 02:00 PM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
hi!
I am in the same place as you. i lost 17lbs since september and i'm starting to really slow down and motivation isnt as strong. i also have the same amount of weight to lose too, I need to lose 100lbs.
i think we could really help each other!

what are your goals atm? what are you doing to lose the weight?

November 20th, 2010, 02:23 PM
I'm not setting deffinate weight loss goals for each week. I have 102 lbs to lose too My plan is to set small goals in 20 lb incriments and reward myself with non food things when I reach each goal. I just can't seem to make it to the 20 lb mark though.

I have taken a week long break from the calorie counting b/c I was getting obsessed with it. I started feeling horrible about myself b/c I don't lose faster than a lot of other people on the diet site and the blogs I'm reading. One challange got to me pretty bad. It wasn't the challenge but my reaction to it. My plan is to stay within 1200 to 1700 calorie range. I also try to drink anywhere from 64 oz of water and a total of 140 oz of liquids including the water a day. I track my calories on SparkPeople.com.

I think I need to start exercising again but my treadmill broke awhile back. I've been having a hard time with that since then.

How are you doing it?
November 22nd, 2010, 12:40 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
I know what you mean about finding it hard to hit the 20lb mark. i'm the same, i can lose the same 15lbs over and over, but never quite make it to the next level.

I see a dietician, who has me working off the food pyramid. which means i eat 6 portions of fruit and veg, 5 portions of carbs, 3 portions of dairy, 2 portions protein, 2 portions fat. it adds up to 1500 calories, so i have been tracking on myfitnesspal.com.
I dont stick to the portions all the time, cos i find it difficult, but i do stick to 1500 cals a day. its been a slow loss, but its a loss!
I find it hardest to exercise. I do exercise dvds, but its hard to find a time when i'm not interrupted! i am getting alot better at it tho, i found the morning after jakes breakfast is the best time so i do get it done then.

can i ask why you vary your calories so much? what does spark recommend you eat? that may be why you are sticking at the same weight.

November 22nd, 2010, 05:34 AM
Calories carbs fat protein

1,350 - 1,700 180 - 260 36 - 62 60 - 140
November 22nd, 2010, 05:42 AM
This is what they have on their site. They'll also give me a menu but I just try to stay within these ranges. I haven't tracked my food this past week though. I'm trying to get back on track now.

CALORIES 1350-1700
CARBS 180-260
FAT 36-62
PROTEIN 60 - 140

Right now I'm trying to talk myself out of a bad food choice. My DH has a bunch of frozen sausage, egg, & cheese crosoints we bought since he usually picks up something on the way to work. I fixed my daughter one this morning for breakfast. She just handed it to me while she did something and it smelled SOOOO good. I haven't had one of those in FOREVER. I've got some turkey sausage links in the fridge and I think I'm gonna go cook some egg substitute with FF cheese & the turkey sausage scrambled together. I don't have a sub for corsoints though

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search