April Chit Chat/Journals

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Healthy Mommas Club LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well now curious minds want to know! LOL

We're having Subway cause I don't feel like cooking.....lol

April 26th, 2011, 02:44 PM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nachos... loaded nachos .

Forever remembering your smiling face.
April 26th, 2011, 03:05 PM
yummy

April 26th, 2011, 05:18 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Jenn, sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Stinks when that happens.

I did get my workout in... it's a DVD of about an hour circuit training. Kicks my butt, bad! I forget the instructor's name, but Mary calls her "The Scary Lady". As opposed to Leslie Sansone; she's "The Nice Lady". I got a good burn, though- 520-something calories. Not too shabby. For dinner I threw some veggies and red lentils in a pot of water with seasoning and cooked it to death. Called it "red lentil soup". Turned out really yummy. So now it is 8:15ish and I still have just over 700 calories for the day. What to do, what to do... too bad we're all out of ice cream.

Hope you ladies have a good night. Sleep well!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 26th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Jennifer, what do you try to keep your calories at each day?

April 27th, 2011, 08:52 AM
I use My Fitness Pal and it does all the math for me. I'm at around 1700 calories daily (set to loose 1lb/week) but I also get an extra 250 calories for bf'ing and I can add in whatever calories I burn exercising. I use a HRM while working out to figure out my calorie burn. MFP has made it easier to keep a food diary, although it is still more time-consuming than I would like it to be. It can be very inconvenient to get on the puter at the end of the day to finish my food log. I like doing it, though. I really never realized how a little of this and a little of that (and then a lot of Dr. Pepper) was adding up... I was probably at one point eating/drinking 4,000 plus calories a day! Yet the whole time I blamed my thyroid for getting fat!

Another good thing about MFP is that it sets your calorie goals based on the best sports nutrition guidelines. They aren't gonna recommend cutting so many calories that you go into starvation mode (although there's some controversy as to whether that even exists) or have to go on some faddy crash diet. I'm a bigger woman (5'11") so I get more calories. I've been able to add calories to adjust for bf'ing. Yesterday I took in almost 2,000 calories (and that's probably typical) yet I'm loosing weight slow and steady, and I'm eating in a way that I can easily do the rest of my life.

Didn't mean to write a novel, LOL! Lucy isn't feeling well today so I've been here NAK for a long time. I'm doing a 4-mile run today, girls... what do you have planned?

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 27th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Jennifer, are you still doing well with the no/little DR Pepper? My thing is chocolate. If we have it in the house I am bound to eat the crap out of it. It is as if I physically can not stop myself. For me know have to learn to have non of it because I can not stop once I have it. Maybe I'll start a choco-ticker like you did with Dr pepper.

I am babysitting today so I plan on wearing the cranky butt while walking here in a bit. I may do more Just Dance later too.

April 27th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
hello ladies.. Here to join and put down my thoughts.. weight as of now: 184. i have lost quite a bit since having sydney.. i was 218 after having her.. so i still want to lose 40 lbs more!

ok since i have to drink this nasty stuff for my dr appt early tomorrow morning i cant do much today.. i have new running/walking shoes to use.. i figure friday or tomorrow night i can begin walking on our tread mill.. i also have these new dvds by jillian michaels for beginners to use as well

what else do you guys do to get exercise in besides treadmill and dvds? what types? id love to dance but i dont have dvds? i guess I should check netflicks for that too..

Also I know i should cut out the cherry seven up i love to drink .. It has no caffeine in it as i am BFing but still the sugar is not good for you either.. I want to drink more water but that gets boring to stick too.. how do you guys drink enough? any tips?

April 27th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Glad you're jumping in Laura!!! Good luck!

I'm laying in the bed today. I feel crummy. Still counting my calories....maybe I'll have to check out MFP as well....

April 27th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Laura, we are the same weight with the same goal! To answer your question about drinking... I am in love with water. I personally love it and would rather drink that than anything else. But a friend of mine suggests taking a pitcher of water and putting in fresh fruit (peaches, lemons, oranges, whatever) to help flavor the water.

April 27th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Hi Laura! You're down 34 pounds... that's not bad at all! I've gotten a lot of good DVDs (and not so good ones, lol) from Netflix. They have a good selection, and there are many available to view instantly. I've also found some good workouts on youtube, but that can be a big time waster looking around for a good one.

Whitney, I'm off Dr. Pepper for good, I think. The last time I had one was at work several weeks ago, and it just didn't taste good at all. The last time I could have had one was last week when we ate lunch out... I had a tea instead and didn't even want a soda.

I'm off to work here pretty soon, ladies.. have a good evening!

April 27th, 2011, 01:17 PM
I'm tired of being hungry......lol

April 27th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Brag time! I just had a wonderful chiro visit ! Last Saturday my hamstring was the worst he's ever seen and today he got my leg up to 90 degrees! He could tell how much I'd been working on it. I can tell my leg is feeling better, back is starting to feel better, tailbone still sucks. All in all, so happy!

He also said that walking is good, running is bad, for now. So I am glad that I stopped. I am really happy right now. DH might just get lucky tonight . Sorry, TIM!

April 27th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
whit, you are so funny!! glad you had such a wonderful appt! thanks for the advice on the water.. i think i might add cucumber or something like that..

Jennifer, thanks for the advice on dvds.. i will probably avoid youtube and just stick with netflix..

Jenn, sorry you are still feeling crummy!!
and i too feel like that sometimes , where i am hungry and want to eat everything in sight.. have to remember to eat my snacks and have my cravings on a small scale every once in a while!

April 28th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Something that is working for me; every time I want something I know I should not have, I chug a glass of water. It helps. Even if I have to do it again in 30 minutes !

Laura, I have done the Self magazine exercises on Netflix and really liked those. I think they are still instant too so thats nice. I have not done them in a while but at the time they were at my level.

April 28th, 2011, 08:59 AM
I'm starting to get hungry, I need to hurry and eat before I start starving and eat more than I should

April 28th, 2011, 05:00 PM
addressing the question of water real quick.. if you're on a municipal water supply a good filter is really important. City water and bottled waters have a nasty taste. I never could really drink water until we moved here (we're on a well).

I had a good day today, going to finish my day out with a small glass homemade grape wine and a single-portion ice cream. Yum! Have a good night!

April 29th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
i agree jennifer, we are in the city and the water always smells funny!

April 30th, 2011, 06:20 AM
where was everybody yesterday? LOL!

I weighed in at 175.4 this morning! Going to do measurements later... today I'll probably just do some stretching... give the ol' bod a day off...

April 30th, 2011, 04:26 PM
I was running around all day yesterday. Good weigh in Jennifer!

Todays workout was 4 hours of carpentry and 2 hours of gardening... I am beat! Oh and about 30 minutes of shoveling mulch into Ben's truck.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search