April Chit Chat/Journals

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Healthy Mommas Club LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2011, 02:13 PM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I thought a chit chat thread could be useful here. Maybe as a way to share what we have done each day, what we struggle with, etc. (even if I am the only person to use this ).

So here is mine! I just did workout 1 in the C25K program. At first I thought "Oh my gosh, I really underestimated this!" I really thought it would be simple but it was hard! But I kept at it and it got easier as I went. But boy are my legs jell-o! I'll do it again on Thursday! Hopefully I am not too sore from it tomorrow.

Forever remembering your smiling face.
April 19th, 2011, 08:03 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I'll be here with you, Whitney. WTG on Day 1! Which C25K program are you using? How long a program is it? I'm hoping to do my first 5K race (maybe more than one) this summer, so I'm all about running right now.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 20th, 2011, 06:08 AM
This is what I am using: Cool Running | The Couch-to-5K ® Running Plan I printed off the chart and put it on my treadmill. I am really hoping this can be for me. i worry about knee pain of some other issue but I really can't do much of anything else so I have to do something! Today I feel mostly okay. I just have a really sore left calf. I think my left meg is shorter... hopefully the chiro will be getting that fixed soon.

Something I really like about this is that once you finish the first 9 weeks (in my dreams) you can go back to week one and start over going faster and farther. Seems like a good way to keep it fresh. I am going to try to talk Ben into doing it with me. But he doesn't seem to willing right now .

I saw a commercial for our local Race For The Cure. A quiet little voice in my head said "Maybe next year I can do that".

April 21st, 2011, 07:05 AM
you just need that quiet voice to get a little louder. That's making some BIG gains in just 9 weeks... it's great that you can modify by repeating weeks as needed. It's taken me two years to build up endurance (and shed pounds) enough to jog.

Lucy goes to the doc today to check on the cast. Usually I do a long workout on Thursdays, since that's one of my only days somewhat "off". I'm going to break it up to accomodate the trip to the doc (50 miles one way, ugh)... jogging before we go and doing a yoga/pilates routine this evening. That's the plan anyway, we'll see what happens in real life!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 21st, 2011, 07:08 AM
50 miles one way! Yuck. Hope the trip and appointment goes well.

Doing day two in a little while!

April 21st, 2011, 12:31 PM
Well that was eventful! While jogging away, Jakob falls onto the treadmill face first and went flying off and into a bookshelf ! Oh and I stepped on his hand. Thankfully he is just fine. So today got all screwed up because I lost my time and distance in all of the commotion. I did get back on to do a 5 minute cool down, once I got Jakob calmed downed and checked out of course.

So I thought of some questions for Jennifer and any lurkers:
Do you listen to music while you walk/jog/run?
On the treadmill what is your usually walking speed? Jogging?

Now I am off to go do some garden work ! Thats something like 400 calories an hour .

April 23rd, 2011, 08:36 AM
Oh, wow, Whitney! I'm glad Jakob is okay... poor little guy. I should think he would stay away from the tready for a while, but not if he's like my boys! LOL! We let the kids use the treadmill, they like it.

(Lucy's appt. went fine, BTW. Her leg is healing well- she goes back Thursday and *might* be ready to get out of the cast legitimately!)

Our treadmill has a port to hook in an ipod, so we can listen to music or movies while on there. DH also set up a shelf so that we could watch a movie on our little DVD player or on his laptop. It sure helps the time pass, especially on longer or more difficult workouts. They are right when they say using a treadmill gets BORING!

I walk anything between 2.5 and 3 mph for warming up or cooling down, and I use 4mph for walking between speed intervals. My jogging speed varies from anywhere between 4.5 mph to 6 mph, depending on the distance and the type of workout I'm doing. So, I'm still pretty slow, but getting better.

I'm so jealous you get to work in your garden... it was raining when we went to bed last night, and we woke up to about three inches new snow!

April 25th, 2011, 05:56 AM
So I am going to go ahead and start week one over, lol. Jakob threw my off.

Chiro said I have the worst hamstring he's ever seen... nice! So I have "homework" stretches. I hope I can get it better ASAP! I see him again on Wednesday.

Jennifer, glad to hear good things about Lucy.

April 25th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok ladies....I'm joining in!!!!! Today is the first day we're starting our diet and exercise back!! I got on the scale this morning and almost threw up. I weigh 183 That's 9 pounds more than I weighed the last time I weighed, which was maybe 2 months ago, if that!! But, it's officially day 1 so here I go!!!!

I had a bowl of Fiber one cereal with half a banana and soy milk which was about 267.5 calories.....we'll see where the rest of the day takes me We're going to sign up at the YMCA later when Josh wakes up

April 25th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Okay now that we have two Jennifer's in here I will call you Jenn and Jennifer so that I don't confuse myself .

Jenn, good for you! So it sounds like your DH is right there doing it with you? You'll have to push each other and make sure to hold each other accountable. Maybe you can start the C25K thing and be there with me pushing me .

I know for myself I don't care so much about me weight or how I look... it is all about how I feel. I want to play with my kids more. I don't want to dread bending over to pick something up.

One more thing for you Jenn, the first few weeks of changing your eating are the hardest. Your body has to adjust. That is what changes your metabolism and that is what you'll need. For myself I am focusing on smaller portions because I can't afford to make meals just for myself.

April 25th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Hi, Jenn! Glad you're joining us! Gotta get my butt off this computer and get my exercise in before I run out of time.

April 25th, 2011, 10:48 AM
yes, he's doing it with me! We did it about a year ago and I lost 23 pounds, but then got sick with my gall bladder and then he stopped so I stopped and here we are. LOL

April 25th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Are you doing classes at the Y or do they have a gym? I'm jealous.. I've never had a gym membership. Back when I could have, I wasn't interested; now that I'd want to, I'm too far away from any gyms! Oh well...

April 25th, 2011, 05:06 PM
They have a gym and classes......I did my first spin class in 9 months tonight and my legs are like jello!!!!! I'm going to be hurting in the morning!!

April 26th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Good for you Jenn. I wish our local Y was better than it is. You pretty much get a tiny storefront w/ a handful of machines. You can get a discount at an indoor pool thats 20 minutes from the Y but only during summer months... pretty crappy if you ask me!

So I am sort of re-evaluating somethings. I really really want to do the C25K thing but I also worry that jogging will do more harm than good for me if I jump right into it. So I think for a while I am going to focus on walking 2-3 miles 3 times a week, increasing speed and distance. Once I start to feel a little better physically I will do the C25K program.

I am also looking for low impact aerobic workouts that I can watch instantly w/ netflix. And I am also considering a "diet" plan of some sort.

April 26th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Well, Jenn... how are your legs today?

I had a good day yesterday, hoping to have a good day today. But the weather is cruddy, and supposed to be getting worse w/ rain and possibly snow. So with all the kids and hubby underfoot I might not get to do what I want to do. That makes me grumpy, LOL!

April 26th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Whit, I was wondering about how you were feeling physically exercising!! I'm sure you could find something that's beneficial and low impact as well. I mean, you may not get the results as quickly as you'd like, but it's better than hurting yourself!

My legs are actually fine today, surprisingly!! my upper body hurts worse than my legs....prob cuz i stretched my legs really well before we started!! I'm not doing anything today bc I'm not feeling very well

did you get to work out Jennifer?

April 26th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Jenn, so far I have only really walked/jogged and done the leg stretches that my chiro gave me as homework. So far so good. I have been sore in my legs but nothing compared to the way this darn hamstring feels. I am wondering how long it will be before it is normal again!?!

Today I walked 16 minutes around 3-3.5MPH and did about 30 minutes of dancing with my Just Dance 2 game. I think that is a fun way to get in some cardio.

April 26th, 2011, 03:01 PM
I need to try Just Dance! I'm having some veggie chips with black bean dip for a snack.....VERY yummy!!!

April 26th, 2011, 03:25 PM
err... about to work on supper... wont even admit what it is but I will consume in moderation!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search