**May Chit Chat**

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Healthy Mommas Club LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2011, 10:36 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I was offline all day yesterday (the horror! LOL) How is everybody?

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

May 27th, 2011, 06:48 AM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good, but I am majorly procrastinating.....

May 28th, 2011, 04:24 PM
it's Saturday p.m. and I'm feeling so blah and crappy today. Not sick, not tired, just... blah. Now I have a choice to make- either take this last chance to run some intervals on the t.m. or just skip it for today. What to do, what to do...

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

May 28th, 2011, 07:08 PM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would skip, but only because I am not dedicated enough. Ben is off for 4 days straight and I told him I have to workout or will feel like crap. I may try to go for a walk in the morning before it gets hot. Than I'll be working on some projects. So excited to share my latest beauty, once they are done.

Oh and I started to wonder if my hamstring issue is actually sciatica. I noticed yesterday it was tingly. Ice seems to help. I've tried all the exercises that I found on youtube. So far not much help.

Forever remembering your smiling face.
May 29th, 2011, 03:52 AM
I used to work in Physical Therapy--I might be able to help with your hamstring. Can you explain what's been going on?

May 29th, 2011, 04:49 AM
Oh bless you! About 5 weeks ago it started to be really tight. Like really really tight, painful. I have no memory of doing anything that would have caused it. At the same time I was starting to go to a chiropractor for my low back pain so he helped with the leg too. When he went to have me stretch it up I couldn't even get it up to 40 degrees. With work over the next week (stretches and PRI's?) I helped it so much that it got to 90 degrees. But it still has never gone away, the pain it still there even though I stretch twice a day. 5 weeks just seems like a really long time for it not to be much better. Oh and the chiro figures that the cause was likely due to the way I sit. For years I have sat mostly on one side of my hip or the other, due to the fact that I have tail bone pain that no one can figure out.

Forever remembering your smiling face.
May 30th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Does it hurt in just one spot to touch at all or is it a general tightness? Do you ever have tingling in your calf or feet? What positions does it seem to be less tight or sore? Where is it tight--the back of your leg, more on one side, higher or lower?
If it's tightness only and no soreness, put a heating pack on it for about 15 minutes then do general stretching. If you need suggestions, let me know. Increase the time your stretch each day. You'll also want to stretch your low back/hips as well.
If it's more of a sciatica with the tingling/numbness into the lower leg/foot, then there's a difference in treating. Once you answer the questions, it may help me know which to focus on

May 31st, 2011, 07:36 AM
Whit, Val.... I'm following this discussion with a lot of interest! I've had sciatica/lower back pain forever- since after I delivered Hope in 2006. I remember thinking it was weird I didn't have back pain during that pregnancy, but did a few weeks after. It has been almost constant ever since. My tailbone started hurting really bad after Lucy was born- midwife and I think that perhaps my tailbone broke during delivery because of her compound presentation. Some days it is better, some days worse.

Whitney, have you ever heard of DMSO? My hubby uses it and it helps a lot. You massage it onto your (clean) skin and it helps relieve pain. I don't like to use it because one of the side effects is a bad taste in your mouth and/or bad breath. But it does work and is completely safe. We've used it on the kids when they have large bruises (especially on toddlers that bump their heads) and the bruise is better within minutes, gone within hours. It is not to be used on broken skin, though. anyway.. you might want to look it up. It is pricy, but a little goes a long way. We have a 20 oz bottle that has lasted us six years- it's about time to get more now.

Anyway, I need to get some exercise in before it is time to leave to take kids to the dentist. There were cancellations at the office, so we can take all six of them in today instead of making it a two-day ordeal. Saves a trip to town. I've planned to do some cross-training today. Four days till my race! I'm getting nervous...

May 31st, 2011, 08:09 AM
mommas2favs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mommas2favs
Hey Ladies... Yeah I'm gonna skip my exercise today. It's supposed to get upward of 90 degrees today. And I cranked the left side of my neck wrong getting out of bed this morning, so its really sore... It's hard to even hold Emily on my left side.

Keep up the good work girls!

Jen are you getting antsy or nervous about your race?

~~my awesome siggies are made by *Kiliki~~
May 31st, 2011, 11:12 AM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jennifer, good luck on your race!!!!

I haven't lost any weight in 3 weeks....I'm still at only 8 pounds lost! I'm not giving up. People can see a physical change, so that's helpful.

May 31st, 2011, 07:25 PM
Have you taken measurements?

June 1st, 2011, 05:08 AM
Hi ladies. I just wanted to let you guys know that I am taking a JM break. That's all I'm saying.

Good luck with all of your goals. I am sure this group of ladies will do just fine!
June 1st, 2011, 10:11 AM
Hope things are okay....

June 1st, 2011, 02:22 PM
Nope, no measurements....I should have.

Whit, I'll miss you!!!

June 1st, 2011, 07:11 PM
Yeah, when I hit my plateau and took measurements, it was a pleasant surprise

June 1st, 2011, 08:34 PM
I should not be plateauing already though.....it's frustrating, but I WILL keep going dangit!

June 2nd, 2011, 06:47 PM
Good for you!!! I used to always give up so be proud of yourself!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search