It's June! Chit-Chat here!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Healthy Mommas Club LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2011, 07:34 AM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay, I can't seem to stay away from JM .

New month, another round of determination for me! I ate like crap on Tuesday and felt it on Wednesday. I felt a little better yesterday and today I am feeling pretty close to great . I just finished a Self Magazine workout on Netflix and it kicked my butt (as most things do, lol). It was the Bikini Ready Fast workout if anyone is interested. I love all of the Self workouts.

Val, back to the leg crap. The pain is now mostly gone (was located mostly on the outer part of the back of the thigh) and I am now noticing tingling down to about mid-calf. I am hoping that what is going on is that this was sciatic nerve related the whole time and that the tingle is a sign of it coming to an end, not the other way around and that it is just beginning. I have sacroiliac arthritis so I get a lot of swelling and pain in my left SI joint. So I also wonder if that could be the cause. I really don't feel like seeing a doctor anymore because they don't help me anymore than I help myself by taking better care of myself.
June 5th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was gonna say.....I thought you were taking a break missy

I haven't been too good this weekend, but haven't been too bad.

I'm starting to get REALLY frustrated with this no losing weight thing.

June 5th, 2011, 04:33 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I made a big step today and went grocery shopping and didn't buy any soda's. I did buy a huge thing of tea packets at costco today though lol.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

June 6th, 2011, 05:50 AM
New Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Whitney~ Have you ever seen a chiropractor? I know not everyone's a fan, but I know people who swear by them too.

Jenn~ Even if you're not losing, I bet your body is changing and becoming more toned. Although I still understand your frustration.

Meagan~ Good for you on not buying any pop!

I think my new BC pills are making me feel sick. After every workout lately and even just randomly throughout the day I feel nauseous. I tihnk maybe my body's just adjusting to new hormones? Ugh.

I think I'm becoming a better swimmer. I'm definitely considering a private lesson to have someone evaluate. Swimming is HARD! I didn't realize how much work it is, but I'm liking it. But swimming an hour straight is HARD! I usually have to stop halfway through for a break.
June 6th, 2011, 06:03 AM
Hi Kelly, glad to see you pop in I am really thinking about getting a pool but DH is hesitant. The old thing holding me back is child safety.

Megan, POP is the devil! Tea wont be too bad as long as you skip the sugar or use a sugar sub.

Oh, Kelly again, I have seen a chiro. It's been about a month since I've been and he helped me tremendously. Before going I had suck bad lower back pain that there were days that I could not get off the couch. But I think exercise is what really helps the most. The SI joint pain was never really helped that much and DH is starting to do a decent job of working it.

I just did some yoga. I am feeling really blah today. I think my period is coming . Last month I had a 3 week cycle and if it starts soon it will be another 3 week cycle. I am wondering if it is just a little screwy from working out and my body not being used to it? IDK? I was on a 30 day cycle. Anywho, the yoga seemed to help.
June 6th, 2011, 07:00 AM
I had to convince myself to work out this morning. I ended up doing one of the 10 minute solution work outs on netflix. I will try to do another one while the kids (Addi and the baby I watch) are napping.

June 6th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Corinthians10:4 View Post
I had to convince myself to work out this morning. I ended up doing one of the 10 minute solution work outs on netflix. I will try to do another one while the kids (Addi and the baby I watch) are napping.
Glad to see someone else using the netflix workouts. It is so great to have that option. If you have not yet done them, look into the slef magazine ones that I talked about in a PP. The bikini ready fast one really kicks butt! I am actually still feeling it and think I need to lay off for a while.
June 6th, 2011, 07:56 AM
I will look into that one! Since we are in military housing I have free access to the community center gym, but since I have my 3 year old and babysit an 8 month old 5 days a week I just can't find the time to go, so netflix is a lifesaver for me lol.

June 6th, 2011, 08:29 AM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3OhioBoys View Post
Okay, I can't seem to stay away from JM .

New month, another round of determination for me! I ate like crap on Tuesday and felt it on Wednesday. I felt a little better yesterday and today I am feeling pretty close to great . I just finished a Self Magazine workout on Netflix and it kicked my butt (as most things do, lol). It was the Bikini Ready Fast workout if anyone is interested. I love all of the Self workouts.

Val, back to the leg crap. The pain is now mostly gone (was located mostly on the outer part of the back of the thigh) and I am now noticing tingling down to about mid-calf. I am hoping that what is going on is that this was sciatic nerve related the whole time and that the tingle is a sign of it coming to an end, not the other way around and that it is just beginning. I have sacroiliac arthritis so I get a lot of swelling and pain in my left SI joint. So I also wonder if that could be the cause. I really don't feel like seeing a doctor anymore because they don't help me anymore than I help myself by taking better care of myself.
Yeah, that sounds more like sciatica but honestly, the tingling just means the nerve is entrapped. Would you be willing to do physical therapy--I used to work in PT and it can work wonders!

June 7th, 2011, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Valerie* View Post
Yeah, that sounds more like sciatica but honestly, the tingling just means the nerve is entrapped. Would you be willing to do physical therapy--I used to work in PT and it can work wonders!
I would consider it but I honestly don't have the money and don't know what I would do with my kids in oder for me to go.

Good news from me- I finally lost some weight! So I am down 5lbs total. So happy with that. I have a wedding in August and hope to lose weight and buy a new sized dress before then. I think I'll take measurements again soon and see how that is coming along.
June 7th, 2011, 12:53 PM
I understand that. I had to jump through hoops to get to PT for my back So frustrating. I will see what I can come up with!
Congrats on the weight loss!!!!

June 7th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Now I remember why I quit working out last summer. I love sleep. I don't HAVE to get up with Conner for school and it makes it SOOOO hard to get up to go work out! But, I'm doing it dangit! LOL

June 7th, 2011, 04:32 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
almost a week into June and this is my first post to this thread. What's wrong with me? LOL!

OT, but hubby got a job! We were really facing difficult decisions by the end of this month so this is such a blessing. He's going to be working nights at least to start, so that's going to be a big challenge to get used to that. We've done it before, though. Another major challenge will be the commute- BUT- just today he went to see his former boss who still owes him like $400 and he was able to trade his truck in for a car that will get much better gas mileage. Oh my, needless to say.. it's been an interesting day!

Anyway, I went for a walk/run and then a short bike ride today and stretched out my aching carcass. Now I'm fixin baked chicken breasts, baked sweet potatoes, cole slaw, and steamed veggies for supper. Planning to have a bowl of strawberry ice cream for a treat later on. Hope you all have a good evening!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

June 7th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Yay for the job!! That is awesome news!

Good for you for getting up to work out to Jennifer--this is when having an early riser is nice. I NEVER get to sleep in so why bother trying. This AM, Troy was up at 5:30

June 8th, 2011, 04:53 AM
Great news Jennifer. How far will he have to drive? Wishing you all the best .

About to get my walk on

Forever remembering your smiling face.
June 8th, 2011, 05:53 AM
Yay for the new job.

So...I had planned on doing a workout video this morning but Dh's alarm didn't go off which caused him to be late for PT and Bryan's mom to have to rush to bring him back to me because she thought I wasn't awake (which I wasn't) at 4:45 when she came to drop him off but didn't ring the doorbell or anything lol. Us rushing to get Dh out the door and Bryan in caused Addi to be woken up. So here I am at 5:51 both kids have been awake at least 30 minutes and I am still trying to drink my first cup of coffee before making breakfast.

I have changed the plans and I am going to take the stroller and walk when Addi is at gymnastics today. There is a walking trail right across the street so me and Bryan will do that. A 45 minute walk should counteract the work out video. I wish I had some ankle weights for an extra work-out though (note to self).

June 8th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Enjoy your walk. I skipped my AM workout today, but hoping that I can do the Shred or something while they are napping. Also hitting the pool today, not that I actually can swim or anything with the boys but still

June 8th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Whitney, it's about 30 miles. But he's thinking the car should get at least 25 miles per gallon, compared to the 12 we were getting in that truck and the 10 we get in the van...! And with them being 12-hour shifts he will have to drive to work 3 or 4 days per week, but still get full time hours.

Did some cardio kickboxing today and ended my workout with a glass of chocolate milk. YUM! It's going to be pretty hot today- one of those days where I really wish we had A/C. It's only noon and it is already 77* in the living room.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

June 8th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Well no walk for me today, it looks like. I was getting things ready to take Addi to gymnastics when all of a sudden she threw up all over my dining room floor. So I had to call gymnastics and tell them she won't be there today

Now I have her laying down on the couch with her hair pulled up (in case she gets sick again) and letting her watch Dora. She is content.

June 8th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Poor Addi... hopefully she won't get sick again. That's the worst!

I'm heading off pretty soon. Gotta figure out something to bring for dinner. I have some plain yogurt, but nothing to dress it up with. Maybe grab a banana to mash in there once I'm there. Isn't it ironic that I work at a grocery store and can't find anything decent for dinner?!?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search