July chit-chat

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Healthy Mommas Club LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2011, 11:00 AM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jennifer, congrats to your DH. I hope he will stick with it! I am off to look up that movie.

Laura, it is so easy to lose motivation. Thankfully, my portion control work has kept my scale moving down .

Forever remembering your smiling face.

Last edited by 3OhioBoys; July 25th, 2011 at 11:05 AM.
July 25th, 2011, 11:20 AM
So I check out the movie. I may got watch it in a bit. But just though I'd ask, are you spending a fortune on fruits and veggies?

July 25th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay Chuck!! That's awesome!! And kinda pisses me off how a man can lose so much so quick and us women have to really work for it lol But seriously, that is really awesome! I'm happy for both of you and I really hope he sticks to it!!!!

I found out today that I can load a C25K app on my phone so I may just do that.....if I ever feel like getting up and actually running! LOL

July 26th, 2011, 01:02 PM
New Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jennifer~ Where are you at in Upper Michigan? Are you in the UP or Upper, Lower MI? I'm in Marinette but basically across the bridge from Menominee. If you're in the UP, you probably know what I'm talking about.

Laura~ Good luck with those 5lbs. It's so hard to keep motivated at times.

Whitney~ YES. We spend a ton on fresh produce. Do you have an Aldi nearby? That helps here. Well you're in the mid-west you probably have a Walmart Super Center or a Meijer too. We ONLY have local chains. I can't wait for the Supercenter to open next month!!!

Jenn~ Good luck with your C25K. One thing I love about running is that anyone can do it. KUP!

I'm just popping in. I'm signed up for my first triathlon next weekend (Aug. 7th). I'm excited and nervous but mostly I'm ready for it to be here...and over.
July 26th, 2011, 01:24 PM
LOL, I love all your UP talk.. she will know what you mean . Good luck next weekend! What are your goals?

Treadmill is officially in the living room and it was not that big of a change. It sort of fits just right behind our recliner since they have to be so far from the wall anyway. I think I may make some sort of screen to use when it is folded up.

It's been a few weeks since I've measured... I'm off to do that now !

July 27th, 2011, 06:08 AM
I want a treadmill!!!! But we definitely don't have room for one right now!

For the triathlon...I hadn't even thought too much about my goals.

I'm hoping to swim 500 M in under 15 minutes, ride 12 miles in under 45 minutes (that's about 17 mph), and run the 5k in under 30 minutes (10 min miles).

This is what I've been training at, but I haven't had to do any of the activities back to back yet. I can run 8 miles in an hour and 20 minutes, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep that 10 min/mile pace after swimming 500M and biking 12 miles.

All in all, I'm shooting for somewhere around 1:30. But I'm guessing it'll be a little longer with the transition times (getting out of the water & on the bike, off bike in in running shoes).

It's my first one so I'm trying not to put too much pressure on myself. I just want to do it and see how much/if I like it and then I'll go from there.

Quite honestly I'm ready for it to be here and over. I've been training too long (over 3 months) and that was too much time. I'm ready to be done!

And thanks if you got through all this. You made me think about what I wanted! Now I have some goals!
July 27th, 2011, 07:22 AM
That's awesome Kelly!! I'm so envious of all of y'alls commitment and your drive to keep going! I can't wait to hear the results of your triathalon!!! I want to do one next year, but who knows if I'll actually do it

I'm still feeling like crap. I loaded the c25k on my phone, but so far haven't done a thing with it. lol.

July 27th, 2011, 09:41 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Kelly, we live in Ontonagon County, about as far from the bridge as you can get without falling in the lake.

Well, girls, check my ticker. I'm at my goal weight!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

July 27th, 2011, 10:06 AM
You go girl!!!! How long did it take you? Are you setting new goals?

Kelly, your goals sound great! Good luck!!!

July 27th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Jennifer~ In the greater scheme of things you're not TOO far away from me!

Congrats on reaching your goal weight. What a huge accomplishment!

Whitney~ You keep asking about everyone else's goals...what are yours?
July 27th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Yeah, Whit... what's your goal?

I've been working at improving my health and fitness since a couple of months before Mary was born, so it has been four years. My ticker reflects my weight-loss from what I weighed before my pregnancy with Lucy, so that's been a year since she was born. My heaviest non-pregnant weight was 220ish, so from there I've lost just over 50 pounds in four years, gone from size 18/20 to size 10, maybe 8.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

July 28th, 2011, 05:07 AM
Well my goal starting out was to just feel better. Sitting around was only making my arthritis pain so much worse. Now, after about 4 months, my back pain is gone except for in my SI joint. So Now my goals are to strengthen my core, while continuing to lose weight gradually. I am averaging about 1 pound a week now and I think thats great. My target weight is 135, which is probably just a pipe dream. So my first goal is 145-150.

July 28th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Jennifer~ That's awesome. I hope you're giving yourself a huge pat on the back!

Whitney~ We all have to start somewhere. I'm so glad to hear that your back pain isn't as bad as it was. That's a great start and I'm sure you feel so much better. Good luck reaching your goal weight!

I think setting goals is SUCH a positive thing (and not just for working out either)!
July 29th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Oh, Whitney.. I just saw your question about how much we're spending on produce. I haven't figured it specifically, but whatever we're spending on produce we are NOT spending on meat, ice cream, etc, etc, and so on. One meal we recently had was grilled red peppers with a Mexican Jugo juice and cherries for dessert... the cost was about $9 for the both of us. I'm thinking it costs about $10 for a batch of juice the way we usually make it (if we have to buy everything not on sale), and that makes about three quarts. I'm also buying bags of frozen stir-fry veggies (the way we're using this reboot you can also eat whole veggies and fruits) at almost $2. So, I'm thinking this is costing us no more than $15 per day at the outrageous grocery store prices we have to deal with up here. This time of year is perfect, though, because Farmer's Markets usually have really good prices, and we have a couple of neighbors who have been giving us extra produce. I'm really, really kicking myself for not getting a garden in this year, but oh well. So, that $15 is a high estimate I think.

I'm taking a rest day today, but I think I'm going to go nuts! The oldest two are out of town for the weekend, so I'm actually in charge of the littles all by myself. I've decided to take them to our little fair tonight to see the car races and hang out. We can't stay out too late though- I have a 5K to run tomorrow!

July 29th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Good job on your goal weight Jennifer!!! That's awesome!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search