July chit-chat

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Healthy Mommas Club LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2011, 05:13 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
beat-cha to it, Whit...!

July is an eventful month for us- birthdays, anniversaries, the older kids are going on a trip at the end of the month, and I have two 5K races ... one tomorrow!

I also have family coming in August, so for July we need to plan and get the house ready and I'd love to get myself really whipped into shape before they get here... my "skinny" ballet-teacher sister is visiting!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

July 1st, 2011, 06:40 AM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMgoodness! Lucy is turning one in just a few days!! Time flies! Good luck with your busy month. I am excited to have July be my slow month, I hope!

I also need to whip myself into shape. June was so busy that I didn't do actually workouts as much as I should have. I see me, treadmill, and the AC happening this month .

So I'm going to set a goal doe this month. Lets say 4 pounds since that seems to be my average.

Forever remembering your smiling face.
July 1st, 2011, 07:57 PM
hot, hot, hot because when I'm hot that's all I can think about. Almost 11 p.m. and it is still 87 in the house (according to our weather clock). It friggen' stinks having no A/C.. everybody was so grumpy today. Tomorrow is supposed to be only around 85, so that will be a little more bearable I guess.

I didn't even stretch today, just sat around sweating and being miserable, LOL! 5K tomorrow!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

July 5th, 2011, 05:51 AM
Well, I am exhausted and I hurt My shot wore off a few days ago and now I feel like being a big cry baby. I will lay Gray down for his morning nap soon and then work out a little and see how it helps. I need to get back into doing actual "workouts" at least every other day. Starting today!

On a good side note. Ben told me that my legs are looking toned! So nice of him to notice.

Seriously thinking we need to plan for a hot tub soon.

July 7th, 2011, 12:02 PM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry the shot wore off That stinks

July 7th, 2011, 07:50 PM
almost the weekend!

I've had a pretty good week, I guess. I'm going to work on a training schedule for the next two months until my 10K. I have another 5K in three weeks. I'm going to really try to get back to logging my food, every bite. I guess I'm officially on a plateau, which sucks.

July 8th, 2011, 11:19 AM
10K!!! WOW! KUP on all of that! Good luck with your next 5K... you rock!

Feeling like poo all week. I don't know if I should bother with doctors, wait it out, or what. I don't know if exercises/stretching is helping or hindering. Maybe one day I'll just lay flat on my back all day and see how that goes, lol.

Today I did the first day in C25K again. What a difference from when I started it before! I think it was about 2 months ago maybe, maybe 3. At that time I felt like I was going to die at the end . And I rocked it today! I am not sure that I am ready to start the program, I just did day one to have something to do for today. Then I did some stretches. Shopping tonight will count as more walking .

July 9th, 2011, 06:13 AM
MY CHILDREN ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY!! There, I said it. And it is only 9 a.m. *sigh* I was going to have a planned rest day today, but I think I'm going to have to either go for a walk or start drinkin'. Maybe both!

July 9th, 2011, 07:40 AM
lol lol lol That was me two days ago. I could use a bottle of wine... good thinking!

I too am having a rest day, or weekend. I want to try to see how I fell w/o stretches. I'll call the DR on Monday to see about a referral to Ortho... I think.

July 9th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Jennifer, I had to go back to May chat to find it but can you tell me more about DMSO? Do you guys use the 70/30? Can I only find it online? I see it talked about for Horses so I wonder if I can find it at a pet store or my dad may even have some . I'll have to check his barn medicine box . Thanks.

July 9th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Okay, so I'm talking to myself a lot today. I just found this very informative article on DMSO and thought I would share. I think I'll be getting me some!
DMSO: Many Uses, Much Controversy

July 10th, 2011, 06:22 AM
Sarai1983's Avatar Bonus Mom w/ a Baby Bump
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarai1983
Thought I would join in on the discussion... I'm currently doing a 5x5 progression in weight training.... I've done a lot of research about weight lifting while pregnant and everything I can find says go go go... so I'm going to keep doing it. I've got a GREAT spotter (my hubby) so I'm not overly concerned... I'm making some changes to the program... taking out deadlifts and bench press, etc... but I'm pretty sure that I'm keeping it safe.... we have a home gym set up in the garage and lift MWF... my kids will be home on August 5... and then we'll have to figure out how to work out around taking care of a 2 year old and a 4 year old (my 7 year old will be in school)... we'll make it work though... I've tried to hard and worked to long to just give it all up for 9 months... I upped my calorie intake from 1200 to 1600... that should still be enough to lean up and support this growing baby inside me... :-) The only thing that's getting me right now is that I quit caffeine cold turkey yesterday... I had such a terrible headache, but I'm feeling better today.
July 10th, 2011, 01:21 PM
mommas2favs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mommas2favs
Ugh... i have been SO freaking busy... On the good side though I've been getting in my usually walks and have kept up with my salads! =)

It's bonkers these last few weeks... trying to keep an exercise schedule has been almost impossible!

~~my awesome siggies are made by *Kiliki~~
July 10th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Hi Sarai, welcome and congratulations. I kept up with weight training 2-3x per week during my last pregnancy, including the circuit routines from p90x. Kept right at it until about 8 months along my body said enough. The main thing is common sense, good nutrition and hydration, rest when you need it.. and focus on maintaining rather than gaining.

I haven't gone for my run yet.. I worked this morning and when I got home I took a nap and then Chuck woke me up with an iced coffee and then suddenly he's all like "well if you don't want to go just stay here and I'll drink that coffee since you don't like it." And I'm like "whaaaat?" LOL! Long story short, he thinks I'm pissed at him, but I don't know what's going on, but he took all the kids except Lucy to the lake. While she slept I had the house to myself to do some housework and dishes and dinner prep and now I'm NAK. I hope my use of run-on sentences adequately conveys my confusion at being woken from a lovely summer nap in such a manner! When he gets home I'm planning to be super-sweet and cheerful just so he'll wonder what the heck is going on. It's gonna be so fun!

July 14th, 2011, 04:58 AM
So... I took it easy all weekend and still felt like poop. I ordered an SI Belt on a whim figuring it costs about at much as a DR's visit so I might as well try it. I've read a lot about how lots of stretching (what I've done 2-3 times a day since April!!) really aggravates the SI joint. And that I should focus on strengthening my core. So I've mostly been doing light core work until my belt comes and then hopefully that stabilizes things enough that harder work wont be an issue. Feel pretty darn human for about 75% of the last few days.... what a dream come true!

July 16th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
hello ladies! I am still trying to work out everyother day.. I have lost 3 almost 4 lbs.. The kids keep me very busy but i am eating much better! Keep up the good work ladies!

Whitney, I hope your back is feeling better soon! Hugs!

Last edited by Luckylefty; July 16th, 2011 at 02:46 PM.
July 25th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's the 25th and I'm finally joining in the chit chat. LOL!

I just haven't been feeling it lately and I need to. I had every good intention on getting up and going to the gym this morning, but this pain I've been having makes me just want to lay on the couch.
Whit, is the C25K something you can just download off the internet?

July 25th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Yes it is Jenn. Just google it and you'll find charts on what to do each week. I have not been doing it. I have not been doing much of anything. My back is finally healing (bought a $$$ SI belt that seems to be helping). I do a little ab and back work each day, trying to strengthen my core. I really really really want to find a way to put my treadmill in the living room... so tacky but I'm sure I care.

For those of you with a treadmill, what room do you have it in?

July 25th, 2011, 09:33 AM
I hope ya'll had a good weekend. We went to visit the highest point in Michigan yesterday. It was more driving than hiking, but still a bit of fun.

Whit, we have the treadmill in what we call the "hot room" (a small addition where the heat stove is located) for now. In the winter when we're firing again we will have to move it, but I don't know where. Maybe in the kitchen?

So, hubby and I have been looking in to doing this "reboot" after watching a movie called "Sick, Fat, and Nearly Dead". For those of you with Netflix, it's available through streaming- very inspiring! Hubby is significantly overweight and has had more indicators of developing health problems. I've been praying for *years* for something to help him get inspired to make a real change and this movie was it. So for the last few days we've been doing this program where you eat only fruits and vegetables (with some condiments allowed) and you make homemade raw juice to supplement. I'm not doing the full program... I'm adding in nuts, seeds, cultured dairy, some meat and whole grains. I just avoid eating these things in front of him. So since last week he's worked on cutting out caffeine (coffee and Monsters) and added sugars. This is his day 4 of only eating/drinking veggies and fruits... as of last night he's lost about 10 pounds. I gotta brag on him, though... last night we stopped and got burgers for the kids. He and I did NOT eat until we got home and made juice, salad, and roasted red peppers. Until last week he would have had his double whopper and fries and then ate the kids' leftovers! I'm really hoping this is going to be the start of life-long changes. So far so good! Right now, instead of sitting in the lazy-boy with his laptop... he's been outside mowing and is now working on his old truck.

Anyway, I'm NAK right now and rambling. LOL! I'm also just happy and excited for my hubby. I'd love it if, this time next year, he's outrunning me.

July 25th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
aww Jenn , that is awesome!
WAY TO GO chuck! I have been slacking on the working out but have been up and around cleaning. so have stayed at the same weight.. about 5 lbs down or close to it.. Just have to get motivated to keep working out!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search