Pic Progress

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Healthy Mommas Club LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok so this is my "before" or my "starting" pic...I know I look awful, but this after 6 pregnancies and 170 lbs. I was 184 lbs, so I am down a little.

I'm adding biking to my exercises and crunches 1x a day for now. I already walk 2 miles several times a week.

8-17-2012

Last edited by Babymakes8; October 20th, 2012 at 03:12 PM.
October 18th, 2012, 01:12 PM
LindsayMom09
You can do it!! I know you can!

I know I can too, and we'll do it together! I will post my before pics in a bit. Shall we keep it all in this post?

How much would you like to lose?
October 18th, 2012, 01:40 PM
I am hoping to lose 40 pounds, but I work on 10 lb goals first. My starting weight was 184 and I am around 174 now (was at 170 but I gained back 4 due to slacking and the stumbling on a pumpkin whoopie pie recipe...)....so I have hit that first 10 lb goal.

I'm on my second goal for 10 lbs

I'm perfectly ok with keeping it all here, and we can encourage eachother on. I DEFINITELY need the encouragement, or anything to keep the excitement going. I read that the more excited you are about working out/losing weight the better you keep up with it.

I'm going to run the perimeter of our property again this evening and see how I do. Also, buying myself a bike is on my to do list.

October 19th, 2012, 03:31 PM
LindsayMom09
That is very do-able!

The last two days the chocolate temptation got the better of me and I gave in! It wasn't too bad though, but in order to balance it out I'm going to give up any and all treats for the weekend. I keep on forgetting to take 'before' pics! I'll make that top of my to-do list for tomorrow!

I want a bike too! Cycling is such great excercise. How did you do with the running?
October 19th, 2012, 03:56 PM
LindsayMom09
Okay so here goes...

I'm at the heaviest I've ever been in my life. Starting weight 196lbs.

**pic here**

I'm so uncomfortable... I can see it in my face! I want this blubber gone! This is the end of the fat, unhappy me!!

**pic here**

I'm going to do weekly progress pics every Monday, I'm pretty sure these pics were no change from this Monday, so every Monday will be my weekly weigh in and weekly pics. I'm excited to start this journey with you!

Last edited by LindsayMom09; January 31st, 2013 at 04:41 AM.
October 19th, 2012, 06:36 PM
I think pics and weigh ins on Monday is a great idea!! I'll join you in that!! I'm so excited to have a buddy and other mom's to cheer us on!!
LindsayMom09 likes this.

October 20th, 2012, 10:51 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
You can do it girls! Can I join in?? I do weight watchers and plan to start exercising again as soon as I get over this cold. (if you want to work in a pair that is totally ok too!)
LindsayMom09 and Babymakes8 like this.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
October 20th, 2012, 02:16 PM
LindsayMom09
Absolutely Rachel, the more the merrier! Let's ALL do this together!

These last couple days my excercise routine has gone out the window, not happy about that! I need to get back on it. I have still been making an effort to be more active, but no elliptical today or yesterday! Starting from Monday (or possibly tomorrow depending on what our plans are) I am going to make myself stick to 30 elliptical every day, plus 15 minute work out on My Fitness Coach (for the wii) every day and Zumba 3-4 times a week. I am SO determined!!! My eating plan has been going great though. I still allow myself a treat too which is great! I am following the Slimming World plan and it's been going fantastic! I am SO READY to have this weight GONE!!! My fiance sat beside me today in the car eating fast food and it looked and smelt SO GOOD but I resisted and waiting until we got home to eat something healthy!!! Feels so good to know in myself that I DO have willpower after all.

How are you going Babymakes8?? I need to kmow your name to stop keep calling you that lol! I wasn't around here much when you introduced yourself so I'm sorry I missed that!
October 20th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joonzgurl View Post
You can do it girls! Can I join in?? I do weight watchers and plan to start exercising again as soon as I get over this cold. (if you want to work in a pair that is totally ok too!)
I don't know how I missed your post, but absolutely!! Anyone can join in!! The more the merrier!! We can all cheer and encourage eachother!!

Yesterday and today the only exercise I got in was walking. It's better than nothing, but I'm going to need to step it up!!

Oh, and my name is Aly!

October 21st, 2012, 07:22 AM
Here is my start at the beginning of September

September 9 2012-3 by joonzgurl, on Flickr

Here is 1 month later (october 7th I think)

October 4 2012-2 by joonzgurl, on Flickr

And side view:

Start

September 9 2012 by joonzgurl, on Flickr

1 Month

October 4 2012 by joonzgurl, on Flickr

I know it's slow but I can notice a difference. I take pictures monthly.

Proud mama to:

October 21st, 2012, 11:28 AM
LindsayMom09
Mmm Rachel your starting to make me think monthly pics might be best! I can DEFINITELY notice a difference in your pics, way to go!!! Keep it up!! Do you do excercise?

I am feeling the WORST today ladies and needing some support! It's the time of the month and today I have ate terribly and did zero excercise. I'm feeling like I have wrecked all my hard work all week I'm trying to stay positive about it though, I mean there's always tomorrow to pull back up, right? Still feeling pretty rubbish about it though I am gonna work HARD all next week because I want to see results on the scale!
October 21st, 2012, 01:29 PM
I definitely see a difference! I agree, monthly pics might be the way to go...maybe we'll see a bigger difference!

Today the only kind of exercise I got in was walking with the dog.

Lindsay, last week was mine and I was miserable!! I still made myself walk even when I didn't feel like doing other exercises. I'm sure you didn't set yourself back and if you don't see a change on the scale this week it could just be due to your cycle!

Good luck, Ladies and keep up the good work!

October 21st, 2012, 02:40 PM
I've definatley slacked with exercise. I haven't since I started this time around, I was actually going to wait until I hit 15 or 20lbs down and then start because I know it will really boost things. I have a bunch of DVD's (step aeorbics that I love, Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred) and a treadmil and an exercise bike. So I do have a lot of options.

I would definately reccomend once per month for photos. That is what I do anyways and it works for me.

I'm sorry you had a rough day! Time of month will make anyone have a bad day though. Just try not to be hard on yourself. Remember, there are 3500 calories in 1 pound. That is A LOT of extra food to eat in one sitting to make yourself gain! So one day is probably not too big a deal at all. Get right back on track tomorrow and you will be thanking yourself and I'm sure feeling much better.

Proud mama to:

October 22nd, 2012, 03:22 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
I will get some photos and join yall!
joonzgurl likes this.
October 22nd, 2012, 05:41 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
Rachel i def see a difference! way to go!!!! slow and steady is the way to go when loosing weight!!

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

October 23rd, 2012, 05:04 AM
I weighed myself yesterday, and I'm UP a couple pounds! It was also midday after I'd been moving around, so that may have affected it.

I'm not stepping on the scale again for 2 weeks. Soon as my DH is back with meds for Squeakers (she is sick!) and can sit with her, I'm going for a short run.

October 23rd, 2012, 05:45 AM
remember you can fluctuate anywhere from 2-5lbs during the day alone, depending on what you have had to eat/drink if you haven't gone to the bathroom yet etc!!! and for me AF makes me gain about 5lbs! blech!!

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*

October 23rd, 2012, 07:50 AM
Weigh in tomorrow! I am stoked, really hoping to lose at least 2lbs. Then I will be in line for my goal of 15lbs down by the beginning of November.
acupofjoe and *Kiliki* like this.

Proud mama to:

October 23rd, 2012, 08:52 AM
good luck hun

October 23rd, 2012, 01:04 PM
LindsayMom09
According to my scales this morning, I am down 5lbs! I know that a scale isn't always accurate, so I'm not completely going by that. I do hope I'm making even a little bit of a difference though. Tomorrow night I am joining a weight loss group and there is always a weigh-in there, so it's going to be every Wednesday evening that I weigh in here too. I lost 16lbs at this group last year but let it all go out the window, so I'm pretty confident that it works and that I can stick to it. The support from other women (and even men!) is a great incentive to stick with it I am slightly nervous though because the group is here in the town I live in now with my fiance..the one I went to before was in my hometown and I knew quite a few people! Here, I will know nobody. Oh well! Not gonna let it put me off. I need to do this for me
acupofjoe and *Kiliki* like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search