Doctors Appt

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2005, 05:40 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Pollyf
Hi Girls,

Net sorry for not posting earlier, but tbh i really couldn't face going on jm at all, I went to the docs on Friday as you know, i ended up sitting in her office in tears again, just explaining how down i feel about the fact i have been ttc for so long, how i raised my hopes up when i got back from florida because af was 1 week late and then how upset and depressed i've felt since because of the disappointment. She feel's i'm too stressed out at the moment and could actually be preventing myself from getting a bfp because of all the stress and pressure i'm putting myself and gordon under. I could agree with her totally, she also felt she didn't want to give me an anti-depressant even a mild one because we are ttc, again i totally agreed with her. Instead she's suggested we pull back from ttc totally for 3 to 6 months, concentrate on something else, xmas, getting a holiday planned or anything, and also she's suggested some Stress Counselling and has given me a number to self refer. TBH i do totally agree, i really don't think i can keep putting myself through all this stress and upset every month, as the doctor said, there is absolutely no medical reason why we can't concieve, we already have a dd together which proves i can carry a child full term, she was reassuring me also because i was talking about my m/c. Both Dh and I have decided to stop putting all this pressure on ourself, life's hard enough as it is without adding to it, i'm going to really try not time bding any more, i'm going to concentrate on Xmas, getting my bedroom decorated and generally enjoying what i have, i.e. Gordon and dd.

I do feel very sad at the thought of giving up, but and also you know i won't be doing anything to prevent getting a bfp, hopefully everything will work out in the end for us.

I'll still be posting on this board as it is for UK Mummies and not a ttc board, i'll be posting a message on the ttc6+ board to let them know.

Pauline. xxxx
November 9th, 2005, 07:26 AM
net1kid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hun it's ok you haven't posted earlier.I thought you might need some time after your appointment.I'm glad it went well...well aswell as expected.I think you knew deep down that you needed a break but hearing it from a doctor makes it offical iykwim.(I hope that made sense as i am not that good at getting my point across )
I hope the break does you and Gordon some good...hopefully with a bfp waiting for you after it.

Take care.Try and relax abit.I understand if you don't post as often.Rememeber you can always email me if you want.

Net
x

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search