Thos with the silver cross 3d...

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2009, 02:15 AM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As you know I really love this pushchair and was just looking a it online, when I happened to come across a TON of really bad reviews. So I was wondering, what do you think of it?

The main issue in the reviews I read was the front wheels having a mind of heir own and the seat reclining thing breaking so it could only either sit up fully or lay down flat

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
January 28th, 2009, 02:19 AM
~* Helen *~'s Avatar A Prince And 2 Princess's
I've not read any bad reviws about it hun, I have only heard about the carseat not fitting on very well or something, other than that I've heard nothing but good reveiws, having a play with it when it came the chassis is really sturdy and I can't see how the seat recline thingy would break, its like a lifty up handle thing lol.

I think its the same as with anything, theres good an bad reveiws
January 28th, 2009, 02:29 AM
LucyRuth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
you always get good and bad reviews! People are more likely to review it if they have had problems too, so there's probably millions of people that absolutely love it but haven't done a review!
January 28th, 2009, 02:59 AM
*Fiona*
I can confirm the car seat fits just fine, it's a case of figuring out how it actually goes on properly and then it's a doddle.

I have yet to use mine obviously, but have pushed it about upstairs and the wheels seemed fine.

I read bad reviews about the hood falling down in pram mode - I bashed the one in the shop up and down to test it and it seemed fine.

The best advice I can give anyone who has bought it or plans to - go to youtube (this person has heaps of videos), and watch as many videos as you can about putting it into the different modes. DH made me do this when we got it, I took the laptop upstairs and changed the modes as I watched the videos. I have NO patience for tricky pernickety things, and I can change it about just fine.

Only thing I'd say - the car seat is quite bulky, so test it in your car (if you drive) first. Also, I agree with the comments about the shopping basket being inaccessable in pram mode. The rain cover takes up almost the whole basket - however the types of handles it has means you can hang bags on them.

p.s. you can't tie the car seat in the car whilst it has the canopy hood or the foot muff attached, but the hood is very simple to remove.

p.p.s the rain cover is tricky to put on in pram mode - but again the videos helped me a lot!
January 28th, 2009, 04:07 AM
Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Some good advice there Fi!

Thanks to Julia (Julka) for my beautiful siggy!
Come and see how Alyssa's grown!!
January 28th, 2009, 04:09 AM
Thanks girls. I feel better now getting feedback from people I sorta know that have got it. Those videos are cool Fi! x

January 28th, 2009, 04:24 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
The only problem i had with the pram is the hood kept falling down, not protecting baby from the sun, no biggie though as you can buy an umbrella xx

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

January 28th, 2009, 04:48 AM
*Fiona*
I almost didn't buy it due to a few bad reviews online. If you have a pram centre close by you, I'd recommend you go in and have a good old play with it. Get the ladies working there to show you how each bit works etc. You wont remember it by the time you come to use it but it's good to see a "professional" do it and see how easy it is.

As I said, I;ve yet to use mine and so probably wouldn't have such strong comments, but I'm glad I didn't let it put me off taking it.
January 28th, 2009, 05:02 AM
Thanks girls. Well they stock them in the mothercare we have in town so I might go in nearer the time and have a play

January 28th, 2009, 05:08 AM
Quote:
I can confirm the car seat fits just fine, it's a case of figuring out how it actually goes on properly and then it's a doddle.

I have yet to use mine obviously, but have pushed it about upstairs and the wheels seemed fine.

I read bad reviews about the hood falling down in pram mode - I bashed the one in the shop up and down to test it and it seemed fine.

The best advice I can give anyone who has bought it or plans to - go to youtube (this person has heaps of videos), and watch as many videos as you can about putting it into the different modes. DH made me do this when we got it, I took the laptop upstairs and changed the modes as I watched the videos. I have NO patience for tricky pernickety things, and I can change it about just fine.

Only thing I'd say - the car seat is quite bulky, so test it in your car (if you drive) first. Also, I agree with the comments about the shopping basket being inaccessable in pram mode. The rain cover takes up almost the whole basket - however the types of handles it has means you can hang bags on them.

p.s. you can't tie the car seat in the car whilst it has the canopy hood or the foot muff attached, but the hood is very simple to remove.

p.p.s the rain cover is tricky to put on in pram mode - but again the videos helped me a lot![/b]

Fab info hun, watching the videos now hehe!!!!
January 28th, 2009, 09:03 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
I think the hood problem has been sorted with the new batch, i got mine when in december 07, it only falls down when walking along for a period of time, going up curbs, over stones etc

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

January 28th, 2009, 12:08 PM
*Fiona*
Hopefully I'll be able to tell you soon...
January 28th, 2009, 12:13 PM
January 28th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Sweetie Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
not long till you can give a first hand report Fi!
January 28th, 2009, 01:18 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
i saw a lovley mamas n papas pilko in lilac at mamas n papas shpt the other day id have bought that if id have seen it when preg wi keeley

January 28th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Aww thats sounds lovely!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search