Pic heavy but HAD to share!

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2009, 11:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to SK.
Well after a lazy morning & shopping at dinner time Logan was getting a bit ratty but the afternoon so I decided to drag DF away from his TV to do a Crafts day To say DF was moaning he didnt see why we needed to do it he had more fun then Logan did!
I have to share photos - today was Logans first day of cooking!

We started off with Colouring;

Then we made a Shaker;

Then we started to make "cakes" lol! ;

We then restarted after that last photo lmao;

Bath time, in attempt to clean the kitchen & Logan up lol;

Relaxing after the bath with our freashly baked "cakes" ;

January 31st, 2009, 11:20 AM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
looks like you had fun

January 31st, 2009, 11:21 AM
*Fiona*
Awwwww!!!! But omgosh at the mess he got in!! Looks like he loved it tho!!!
January 31st, 2009, 11:26 AM
*Tracy*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
aaww

January 31st, 2009, 11:27 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979

love the one with the bowl on his head

January 31st, 2009, 11:47 AM
Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hehe what great pics!! Looks like you guys had alot of fun!

I've just noticed how much Logan looks like his Daddy, he's his double isn't he!

Thanks to Julia (Julka) for my beautiful siggy!
Come and see how Alyssa's grown!!
January 31st, 2009, 11:50 AM
~* Helen *~'s Avatar A Prince And 2 Princess's
Aww!!! Great pics!!!
January 31st, 2009, 12:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Hehe what great pics!! Looks like you guys had alot of fun!

I've just noticed how much Logan looks like his Daddy, he's his double isn't he![/b]
Lol yep, he's a complete double! Has Daddys temper as well lol

January 31st, 2009, 12:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lol!! Looks like you had a great day!! He looks so cute in the picture in the bath
Mummy to 2 boys expecting #3.

January 31st, 2009, 12:37 PM
Cleo's Avatar Super Mommy
I bet that hard to get all the cake mixture out of his hair LOL!!! Such a cutie pie though, it looks like you ALL had a very busy day!!!

13/06/07 @ 5 wks
January 31st, 2009, 12:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I bet that hard to get all the cake mixture out of his hair LOL!!! Such a cutie pie though, it looks like you ALL had a very busy day!!! [/b]
Lol, I got DF to bath him in the end, I tried for about 5 mins & gave up. Took 3 washes for it to come out!
That kid seriously loves to get messy, but he's to cute to tell of half the time lol.

Best thing is; Logan knows how to use the dustpan & brush & more importantly, LOVES cleaning up his mess!
So he helped me tidy up.

January 31st, 2009, 12:55 PM
Well what more can you say, he sound's like a proper Mummy's little helper!!

BTW: I couldn't help but notice that if I am to fall pregnant this cycle my babies would have the same age gap as yours will!! How have you found peoples reactions?? I am obviously not even pregnant yet but when I have brought the subject up of closely ages siblings some people cast really strong judgements! (not in a good way either!!)

13/06/07 @ 5 wks
January 31st, 2009, 01:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Well what more can you say, he sound's like a proper Mummy's little helper!!

BTW: I couldn't help but notice that if I am to fall pregnant this cycle my babies would have the same age gap as yours will!! How have you found peoples reactions?? I am obviously not even pregnant yet but when I have brought the subject up of closely ages siblings some people cast really strong judgements! (not in a good way either!!)[/b]
I had some real nasty commments to start with because I was only 18 when I fell pregnant with baby #2 & I got the whole, Teenage mother, cant keep her legs shut rubbish (even from some of my family! ), Ive even had trouble with my midwife over it.

I personaly ignore the fact of what other people say, we wanted a close age gap this baby was planned & very much wanted & personaly the way I see it you can be a bad parent at 30 so why does being a teenage parent make you a bad one like people think. My son is well mannored, developing lovely, yes he's spoilt but he never misbehaves & stil has treats. We pay for everything, Its very rare we ever ask anyone to help out. This June / July Im even doing a home course of Photography so I can go & earn extra money for us.

I personaly dont see where Im such a bad parent like people tend to think? Yes I make mistakes but hellooo we all do lol

For me I found because of my age people tend to make more comments, I got told yesterday how "disgraceful I was for having 2 kids at 16" when I mentioned I was 19 she stil told me it was wrong. Yet when I asked her if I was in my 20s & had this type of age gap would she find it "disgraceful" she told me no.

Honestly, if you feel you can handle a close age gap, go for it. People will always make comments but just because they have different parenting views doesnt mean your in the wrong. Its our lives & we know whats best for us & our children

January 31st, 2009, 01:41 PM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
January 31st, 2009, 01:47 PM

Totally and that is why we are going ahead with our plans, the funniest thing I have found is that usually the people who make negative comments don't have small age gaps between their own children but they turn around and say "OMG, it would be so difficult" "I couldn't imagine how on earth you would manage!" etc...etc....but EVERYONE I have spoken to both online and offline that DO have babies/children with small age gaps have so many positive thing's to say! Yes I don't doubt it will be hard but there are so many wonderful reasons to why having a small age gap works for us (and obviously you!!)

So what if you are 19, there are many girls out there that at 19 would not be able to cope BUT that is not to say that you won't be able to. My Mum was married and had 2 children by the age of 19 so the same situation as you although she fell pregnant the first cycle after giving birth BUT she coped as she was a mature 19 year old and just for the record she went on to have a further 4 children so it didn't put her off!! LOL!!

It sound's to me like you have a wise head on your shoulders and you know that I will be coming to you for advice LOL!!!

13/06/07 @ 5 wks
January 31st, 2009, 02:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ive got no doubts it will be hard but so's having a large age gap, each has its pro's & con's.

We did want a 3 year age gap at first but I planned to go back to college once Logan was at nursery & didnt want to go a few months at college to drop out to have another child, okay Im now doing a home course & typicaly I didnt learn about the home course til I was already pregnant but Id stil like to go to college or get a full time job once both are in school / nursery.

Me & DF are currently saving up to get married, after that we'd like to take these 2 to Florida, Disney Land & weve both agreed we'd like more kids after that - how many more is a different matter, last night DF wanted 10!!!! Lmao

Do what makes you happy hun & yep feel free to come to me whenever,

January 31st, 2009, 02:32 PM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
awww looks like a fun day!!!

georgi if you want kids close in age that is up to you!! i always got the "my you will have your hands full" comment (got pregnant with lacey when rhianna was 3 months old) and it got annoying after a while, sometimes i get looks but i just stare at them and they look away. Honestly its up to YOU and people around you dont matter at all.

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

February 1st, 2009, 03:52 AM
LucyRuth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww he looks so cute all messy! Love the last pic

I don't think age makes any difference to being a parent. Whatever age group there are good parents and bad parents. But who decides who is good and who is bad anyway!!? As long as you're happy who cares about anyone else. I get comments about Emma and Max being close in age but 21 months is supposedly the 'perfect' age gap.
February 1st, 2009, 04:01 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
Them pictures are so cute!!

February 1st, 2009, 04:11 AM
Thanks Sarah and Lucy!! It feels right to start trying again now, I will admit that part of me is a little scared but I am not having ANY doubts about trying again so soon and that's what made me confident about our decision, if I was doubting that it was too soon, then it is too soon!! I am REALLY excited and hope that I conceive quickly if I could simply choose, I would choose that the biggest age gap would be no-more than 2 years!!

Sorry I have completely taken over your thread SK

13/06/07 @ 5 wks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search