Question about induction

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2009, 11:03 AM
*Fiona*
Just wondered - if i make it to induction day, I've to go into the ward at 8:30am. What happens? Will DH be allowed to stay with me? I seem to recall the m/w on the parenting classes saying they insert gel into the VJ to try and soften the cervix? Assuming that works, can it take hours? If so would I be sent home? Do I take my bags with me when we go in at 8:30am?

The induction was booked at my m/w app last Fri and I hadn't thought to ask these Qs. I do have m/w again Fri coming but the app's are usually kinda rushed.
February 3rd, 2009, 11:12 AM
*Tracy*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH should be able to saty with u and yes it can take days and yes take your bags with u cause u wont be coming home till baby is born

February 3rd, 2009, 11:15 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
ditto to tracy

February 3rd, 2009, 11:17 AM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
yeah fi take all your stuff once they have inserted jel/tablet, (i had the tablet) they wont let you home again you are there til baby comes, just beware i had loads of internals when i was there, and it can take ages.

i had the 1st tablet when i got there at 10am then they have to wait 6 hopurs before putting in the next 1, if the 1st 1 doesnt work, then you have to wait til the next day as they can only give you 2 lots in 24 hours.

i hade the 1st pain at 8:15pmish on the tues night, was 2cm could stretch to 3cm dilated at 11am wed morning, was having contrx all day was moved to the delivery room at 9pm wed night and daniel was born 1:02am turs morning, so yes it can take a while, but hopefully you will be quicker than that

DH can stay with you, but anyone will be asked to leave when they are examining you, i had my mum and MIL there too.

If i recommed 1 thing, move around, don stay on the bed all the time, the girl in the bed next to was induced at the same time and her contrax stopped after a while and they told her it was cos she wasnt moving round, i kept going of the ward to get a coffee of just to walk round, she was in labour longer than me, her little girl wasnt born til after 6am.

February 3rd, 2009, 11:24 AM
*Fiona*
Gosh I hope I go on my own, sounds like it is possible to be in for days before actually getting labour started. Very long, tiring and boring.

what day did you go in on?
February 3rd, 2009, 11:27 AM
went in on tues morning came ome on thursday night, it was boring, take books mags and buy a tv card

February 3rd, 2009, 11:30 AM
*Fiona*
You weren't too long before actually contracing - long enough tho So not looking forward to that.
February 3rd, 2009, 11:33 AM
i didnt have my 1st pain til 8:15pm so 10 hours

February 3rd, 2009, 11:42 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I didn't make it as far as my induction date because my water broke on the previous Sunday and they kept me in thereafter. I was however induced in the end late on the Monday. Once they start the induction process your partner (or birth partner) is allowed to stay with you. I was in a delivery room from the start of my induction, but I think different hospitals work in different ways. You probably will be given prostin gel, I wasn't given it because my water had already broken but it took me an age to dilate so it will do you good. Emma's right though, there are lots of internals and I found them very painful though most of what happens in hospital is more of an annoyance than anything else.

February 3rd, 2009, 11:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I wasn't induced but I ditto all the girls.

Just remember though Fi if you don't want an internal at the time (if you sick of them, or just don't want one!) then you don't have to lol! If the baby is monitored frequently you will know the baby is ok without them constantly sticking their fingers up you.

Will pray Jelly bean comes before your inducment day!
Mummy to 2 boys expecting #3.

February 3rd, 2009, 11:50 AM
*Fiona*
Quote:
I wasn't induced but I ditto all the girls.

Just remember though Fi if you don't want an internal at the time (if you sick of them, or just don't want one!) then you don't have to lol! If the baby is monitored frequently you will know the baby is ok without them constantly sticking their fingers up you.

Will pray Jelly bean comes before your inducment day![/b]
OMGosh that bold part made me giggle!

Thanks girls
February 3rd, 2009, 12:05 PM
~* Helen *~'s Avatar A Prince And 2 Princess's
When I was induced with ryan I went in Thursday morning at 8 and had him Friday evening at 5.15PM

I had my first lot of gel about 10ish, then had very mild period niggles from 12, I was walking around the hospital etc, had second lot of gel about 6ish and niggles got a lil bit worse but hardly. had a good night although didn't sleep, although wasn't in pain as such but couldn't get comfortable. Had another lot of gel in morning and then they checked me 4PM Friday and was 3cm so they decided to break my waters and I went straight into labour and in half an hour was ready to push at 5cm, had to breath through all of them and at 5 they prepped and rushed me off for an emergency c-section as he was distressed and needed to be out quick, he was luckily born by ventouse at 5.14PM.

I didn't think my induction was too bad as far as inductions go, I can't remember how many times I had internals, think it was only 2 or 3 times.
DH stayed with me the whole time.
Take your bags in because once the induction starts they are not allowed to send you home.
February 3rd, 2009, 12:22 PM
mrsdutch's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsdutch
Induction sounds horrible Part of the reason I dont want to go anywhere near a hospital. I hate hate hate being internally examined. i really hope jelly bean comes soon

COME OUT ALREADY!

Angels Bright from Starry height, change my mind and being with light!

February 3rd, 2009, 02:46 PM
LucyRuth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it sounds awful too I would hate to get to that stage, I was prepared to refuse to be induced with Max but thankfully he came before it got to that stage!!!
February 3rd, 2009, 02:46 PM
LucyRuth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it sounds awful too I would hate to get to that stage, I was prepared to refuse to be induced with Max but thankfully he came before it got to that stage!!!
February 3rd, 2009, 03:38 PM
linzi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to linzi
i dont like the thought of being induced luckily i never reached that point i dont think u will either fi

</div>

[marquee1][/marquee1]
February 3rd, 2009, 03:38 PM
linzi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to linzi
i dont like the thought of being induced luckily i never reached that point i dont think u will either fi

</div>

[marquee1][/marquee1]
February 4th, 2009, 03:56 AM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
I was induced twice. The first time I went in at 8:00am and Elijah was born at 2:19pm. The second time I went in at 7:30pm and Lucas was born at 10am the next morning.

February 4th, 2009, 03:59 AM
*Fiona*
hopefully the happenings of the night/this morning means I don't need it!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search