Birthday party themes?

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2010, 08:36 AM
*Fiona*
Ladies, spit some ideas at me!! I am determined to do a family gathering/party for my girl in Feb but I can't think of a theme. I don't want it to be based on a TV prog (or would deffo go for Mr Tumble). But want it to be girlie. I don't think I want to do the typical princessy thing either.

Want it girlie, pink, etc. Ideas?
December 31st, 2010, 08:59 AM
LucyRuth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You could just do a 'pink' party Fi?!
December 31st, 2010, 09:01 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
What about like Butterflies, Flowers etc?

December 31st, 2010, 09:13 AM
Clare's Avatar Wishy
Send a message via AIM to Clare
I like both of emmas ideas.
December 31st, 2010, 09:16 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
i was going to suggest butterflies, i seen some butterfly themed stuff on ebay,

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

December 31st, 2010, 09:42 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
rainbow, fairies, cupcake,

December 31st, 2010, 10:02 AM
*Fiona*
I like this: Butterflies Children's Party Supplies, Decorations and Ideas.

But how could I do cupcakes and butterfly related foods?! I didn't have th opportunity to *do* the birthday stuff last yr and I really want to this yr, napkins, plates, me making food, me making lil cupcakes, etc. KWIM?
December 31st, 2010, 10:08 AM
mamatomaica's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mamatomaica
i recommend the ladybird theme! it was more fantastic then i ever could imagine!!!
got ladybird bunting if you wanted it lol!
x

butterfly cakes! (you know when you cut the bits out of the middle and use buttercream to make wings!)
if you use the ideas of flowers and garden like things to go with the butterflies you can push the idea a bit further too. oooh i love organising party stuff!! hate the actual party though!! lol!
x

Beautiful Siggy by Claire!
December 31st, 2010, 10:20 AM
Also if you google butterfly birthday you'll see tons of ideas that have been done, thats how i did ours!
a big hit was the paper bags with the names on and a ladybird (you could put a butterfly on them!) so simple to do and so much nicer than plastic ones!

December 31st, 2010, 10:25 AM
*Fiona*
Suzi, I loved the ladybug idea, but I didn't want to "steal"
December 31st, 2010, 10:32 AM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
the butterflies are cute!! love the ladybird idea too

December 31st, 2010, 10:40 AM
not stealing Fi!! do it! you'll love it really you will! let me know if i can do anything to help! the only down side that i can see is that red and black gets a little gothy lmao we added green and white too to balance it out a bit, it was very funky and not so much girly though!
you're welcome to my bunting if you want red and black! but you could do pink ladybirds instead!
x

December 31st, 2010, 10:53 AM
Clare's Avatar Wishy
You could make your own butterfly invites, cut out butterfly shapes from card, get Kirsty to paint/decorate them and then write all the info on the other side.
December 31st, 2010, 10:57 AM
*Fiona*
I'd thought about pink/black ladybugs.... oooooh the ideas are flowing!
December 31st, 2010, 11:18 AM
eep you'll love it fifi! let me know if i can do anything to help!! Maica's party was one of my biggest acheivements of the year i think, i'd never done a party before and i did it all by myself. my mum disapeared out after making the initial tea for everyone and i could have cried when my best friends mum got everyone to do a round of applause for me at the end!

December 31st, 2010, 11:20 AM
Clare's Avatar Wishy
They are fab pics Suzi!
December 31st, 2010, 11:34 AM
*Fiona*
ok I'm set with pink ladybugs! Eek!! Found a few items on ebay to start me off and I think I'll just go for pink/black theme mostly, adding in a few ladybugs here & there. Finding everything pink ladybugs will be too hard haha!

Suzi did you have many kiddos? I just counted up 19adults and 8kids. It's going to be family only as it's uncertain where it will be due to mum needing wheelchair access.

Did you do any party games? I'd like to do some but I want them so the adults can join in too
December 31st, 2010, 11:43 AM
cake toppers:
LADYBIRD PINK 24 x party fairy cake toppers on eBay (end time 12-Jan-11 07:42:06 GMT)

beads:
6 x Fuschia Wooden Large Ladybird Beads. 20 x 27mm. on eBay (end time 15-Jan-11 20:03:15 GMT)

pink with black spots fabric:
Pink 100% Cotton 1/4" Black Polka Dot Spot Fabric P/Mtr on eBay (end time 08-Jan-11 15:22:01 GMT)

and vice versa:
Black 100% Cotton 1/4" Pink Polka Dot Spot Fabric P/Mtr on eBay (end time 08-Jan-11 15:19:08 GMT)

darker pink:
PINK AND BLACK SPOT COTTON FABRIC FAT QUARTER 18" x 22" on eBay (end time 09-Jan-11 09:54:55 GMT)

i got all our party plates etc from this site: i got a red tablecloth and black and red and green partyware. the icecream cups were fab for jelly and icecream.. single portions of jelly! got the paper party bags from there too i think!
Pink Theme Tableware | Pink Theme | Pink Theme | Pink Theme Party Supplies Pink Theme Tablewares | Partyrama.co.uk - Party Supplies Online

wishing you'd never asked now fi LMAO

December 31st, 2010, 11:57 AM
*Fiona*
hehe!!! I already bookmarked the cake toppers and beads

Glad I posted now!!! Did you draw spots on your balloons or were they actual spotty balloons?
December 31st, 2010, 11:58 AM
we had a few i think there was about 8 but some were too little to play! and a couple of babies one was only a week or so old bless him!
we had three games, i made ladybird beanbags filled with rice to throw into a bucket (we used a red bilibo as i was red and black obssessed and wanted to match!! lol!) this was a good thing for the kids to do as people were arriving, i didnt really direct it!

pin the spot on the ladybird was the best game we did! maica played it even, i made the huge ladybird and we bluetacked the spots on with peoples names on, we had two crosses they had to aim for! the little ones got it, my sister spun me so much i couldn't even find the ladybird to stick it on to LOL!

and the other game we did was find the spots! I made everyone a ladybird card and stuck black spots EVERYWHERE around my house, and they had to go and find as many spots as possible around the downstairs and garden. it kept everyone nice and busy while i sorted food out etc. some cheated completely and found a spare sheet of stickers but it was hilarious.... i'm still finding black dots around the house though!!

decorations i made the bunting, the balloons were just marker penned dots on (beware it doesn't dry when they shrink again/when you let them down, it becomes wet again!) red and black themed partyware.
i got ladybird chocolates from chocolatebuttons.co.uk (expensive though, but i got quido cashback frmo them lol)

my mum made chocolate butterfly cakes with the red icing. oscar decorated the big cake, its a round cake with a muffin for the head with icing just covered all over, chocolate buttons for the spots, the antenae had somethign in to hold them up but i can't remember what! lol

Maica wore black tights and black tops, with a headband with antenae on, the wings we bought and i made the black tutu with the flash of red at the back, and she wore black boots with it.
i wore black with some homesewn wings tied like a cape on me (so did my sister) and Millie had a black babygrow with wings on too.

ooh anything i missed!? lol!!

if you had like 50 laying about you could get kirsty this outfit lol!
NWT RARE EDITIONS LADYBUG CAPRI OUTFIT SZ 2T - 4T NEW on eBay (end time 02-Jan-11 04:28:02 GMT)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search