Gonna put chloe in nappies again for a week or two

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2011, 04:52 AM
~* Helen *~'s Avatar A Prince And 2 Princess's
shes knows not to wee in her pants and gets very distressed if she does, but she is still not going on the loo .. I don't think shes connecting the two and that it is ok to wee on the loo. So gonna give her a break for a couple of weeks and try again .. I'm proud of her for getting this far and it seems silly to discontinue but like I said shes just not connecting the two .. least we have had very few accidants tho so shes slowly getting there .. hopefully in a week or two she will figure it out a bit better !!
January 4th, 2011, 04:55 AM
mamatomaica's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mamatomaica
i think you're right to do this, the last thing you want is her getting upset about it, it can cause so many issues with it you won;t believe!!
i once made the mistake of telling maica off for having an accident, and it caused a month of refusing to use any toilet but our own!!!! nightmare! if shes getting upset its better to wait!!
xx

Beautiful Siggy by Claire!
January 4th, 2011, 05:00 AM
Yesterday she became that distressed over having a wee in her pants she didn't want either me or Jon to calm her down .. she wound herself up so much took her a lil while to calm down poor thing. So I think it is for the best to put her in nappies for a lil bit .. I don't want her to become upset about the whole thing!!
January 4th, 2011, 05:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree, just do it all in her own time.
Mummy to 2 boys expecting #3.

January 4th, 2011, 05:30 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Sometimes they're just not ready. We tried Daniel 3 times and ended up putting him back in pull-ups 3 times. He's still not dry even now at the age of 4, I know he has learning difficulties and all, but he's not the only one in his class - every child just has a time when they become ready. Hopefully Chloe will feel more relaxed after her break and be able to overcome this after.

January 4th, 2011, 05:57 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
Hopfully in a few more weeks she will be ready, don't forget she is not even 2 yet x

January 4th, 2011, 06:00 AM
PrincessLou79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hopefully in a few more weeks she will be ready to try again. Definitely no point in her getting upset over it, she will do it in her own time.

January 4th, 2011, 06:06 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
Awww hun she tried and you are deff doing the right thing if she is not ready, only makes it harder for her if she is stressing out over it, besides as emma said she is not even 2 yet so plenty of time!

January 4th, 2011, 07:02 AM
~*Lisa*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My sil forced my neice to potty train as soon as she turned 2 and she still wasn't fully trained by 3. It can cause issues so I think you're doing the right thing.
January 4th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Yeah .. she knows the basic ideaof it and like I said in the week she has been in pants we have had 3 accidants .. which is good going for a 20 month old .. so she knows what she is doing and can hold it ... but its just getting her to wee on the loo lol!!!
January 4th, 2011, 10:33 AM
LucyRuth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, she's obviously not ready so it's best not to push and cause problems in the long run, it only takes longer if they're not ready anyway. She'll be ready soon

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search