christening/naming ceremony

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2011, 02:46 AM
mamatomaica's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mamatomaica
whos had one, how did you plan the day, did you have cake? a party? where?

tell me all please! we're thinking of doing something for both the children after this one is born, more likely a naming day, but i don't know where to start really!
x

Beautiful Siggy by Claire!
January 6th, 2011, 03:15 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
well we had a christening it was a fab day all the kids , lee and keeleys godmother all got christened that day. we had a party cake the lot. we had the do at home and it turned out fab. i did all my own food and it wasn't too expensive either. my mum made a fruit cake and it looked fab. i looked for a pic too suzi but i dont think there is one sorry

January 6th, 2011, 03:16 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
We haven't had a christening because I'm not Christian and besides I want Daniel to choose for himself when he's older. I've been to quite a lot of christenings which mostly comprised of the service and then either drinks at a local pub or back to the house for a buffet which does usually involve a cake, yes.

January 6th, 2011, 03:22 AM
mamatomaica's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mamatomaica
We'd prefer a naming day just because we have a clash in faiths, but its the same principal without the religious side of things.

i've read some really nice ideas about asking the guests to write a wish for the child for the future to put in a box when they arrive. do you think thats too difficult if we're doing it for two children?
theres so much to think about its a bit overwhelming.

Beautiful Siggy by Claire!
January 6th, 2011, 03:31 AM
Sweetie Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had a traditional catholic christening, Evan has 4 godparents who are already a huge part of his life and are the kind of people who will always be there for him.

After the service we had hired a room in the church hall which was set away from everyone else. There was a bar downstairs that people could go to if they wanted and I provided a buffet and fruit juices etc. We had a 2 tier sponge cake that I had made and a sweetie cake for the kdis. In all there were around 60 people but we didn't want it just to be a booze fest and Evan to be forgotten so we only hired the room till 3pm so people didn't get too drunk and afterwards our immediate families came back to the house for the evening.

January 6th, 2011, 03:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Josh was Christened, mainly because it was the thing you did at my old church! We had the morning service, then all went back to my Mums house for a buffet and that.

We have not had anything done for Joseph, I want to have him dedicated, kind of like a Christening but without the baptism bit.

Just do what you feel you want to do, have a party at your house, hire a hall ect... I love the idea of the wish box!

Some thing we did at Joshua's first birthday, we had a HUGE piece of paper and got everyone to write him a message on it.
Mummy to 2 boys expecting #3.

January 6th, 2011, 05:48 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
No christenings or name ceremonys here, but what about searching google? There might be ideas on there x

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search