Hi girls

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2011, 11:45 AM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
Thanks for telling everyone Lou

Hey girls... I thought i'd let you know what happened etc.. Sorry if it's all abit up and down I've been up well over 24 hours, I'm so tired that I'm overtired and keep bursting into floods of tears.

On Tuesday I started coming down with the flu, I began to ache and on weds, I couldn't lift my own head... I ached all over and badly. On Thursday I was MUCH better, I wasn't aching, had a little cough and even showered, got dressed etc. Then on thursday night/very early friday morning I started vomiting stomach acid, I was having very long sharp burning kinds of pain in my chest and shortness of breathe, we phoned the NHS direct who sent an ambulance straight away and I was taken to hospital.

When I got there I was sick again so they administered me with an anti-sickness injection, then promply made me get up for an x-ray, which made me vomit once more. Luckily, thats the last time I was sick. They wanted to take bloods etc, but I elected to wait until the anti-sickness kicked in because when I have bloods taken my blood pressure drops enormously and I am usually either sick or I pass out, I wanted to feel a little better first. They patiently waited and eventually the staff nurse got an IV in took blood from that and put me on liquid paracetamol and liquids to hydrate me.

They also did swabs to check for MRSA and Swine Flu, but I won't know what i've had until I am better.... that's how long it takes.

With the IV in and the liquid and the paracetamol I was starting to feel much better, The doctor told me everything came back clear, my xray was fine and my bloods were normal too minus the inflammatories in it but the levels were consistent with flu.

Then I eventually went up to the ward in time for lunch. The doc in a&e told me that if I could eat & drink and keep it down I could go home, that he wasn't going to perscribe tamiflu because I was well out of the effectiveness range for it, and that it would probably be useless to me. However, the doc in the ward said he wanted me to take it with me because "it won't do you any harm". I'm choosing not to take it tonight because the common side effects are nausea and sickness (what I had to have medication to stop!) and I think a goodnights sleep will do me good.

I managed half of a half slice of toast but have drunk tonnes of water and still am. I don't really want to eat tonight, I was throwing up stomach acid, doesn't exactly leave you with a settled tum, even on paracetamol.

I've been in quarrantine all day they allowed Stu to stay with me, with a mask on and when I was moved and left I had to wear one in case of other patients etc. Eventually at about 2 the nurse came in and removed my IV for me to go home, all i had to do was wait for my tamiflu. I waited 4 hours with no more medical attention to get the ****** tamiflu that no one even seems to be sure will do me any good.

I am finally home and I have finally spoken to my parents and I just sobbed. I am so far from home, I'm just so glad stu was there today or I don't know what I would have done without him.

Thank you so much for all the well wishes xxx
But I’ll be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

January 7th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~~MaRiE~~
((hugs)) ellie i hope you get a good night sleep and are feeling better soon
January 7th, 2011, 11:52 AM
*Fiona*
Gosh Ellie, you've been through hell Let Stu take care of you hunni, go to bed, rest up and sleep. I hope you feel a million times better tmor xx
January 7th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Sweetie Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
feel better soon, get lots of rest
January 7th, 2011, 12:00 PM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
glad your home ellie, rest up and get better soon xx

January 7th, 2011, 12:02 PM
~*Lisa*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh Ellie i'm so sorry you have been feeling so ill. I hope you get better soon
January 7th, 2011, 12:10 PM
~* Helen *~'s Avatar A Prince And 2 Princess's
Oh hun you have had a rought time of it !!! Go to bed had have a HUGE sleep !!! Take care Ellie and get well soon xx
January 7th, 2011, 12:11 PM
PrincessLou79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ellie, what an absolutely awful experience. I hope you manage to get plenty of rest, and make a speedy recovery. XxX

January 7th, 2011, 12:14 PM
mamatomaica's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mamatomaica
you poor thing! i hope you're feeling much better now and continue to mend!, keep hydrated. xxx

Beautiful Siggy by Claire!
January 7th, 2011, 12:55 PM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
I hope you get better soon hun!
Go to bed and let Stu take care of you xx

January 7th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
honey, I've been thinking of you xxx

January 8th, 2011, 01:22 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
How awful, hope you are feeling better now, take care x

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

January 8th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you've been so sick Ellie. My sister had a similar thing right before christmas, she was puking, had chronic diarreah, ached from head to toe, was coughing, she lost a stone in a week. She had flu and a chest infestion, not sure why she got the sickness, but there was lots of it going around up here over christmas.

Thanks to Julia (Julka) for my beautiful siggy!
Come and see how Alyssa's grown!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search