Daniel is being a TOTAL PITA tonight!!

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
He's still not asleep!

He's driving me nuts. He doesn't seem to get the concept that we need a bit of space and a bit of adult down-time in the evening.

Have any of your kiddos ever gone through a phase where they just wouldn't settle to sleep? What did you do?

January 10th, 2011, 12:34 PM
*Fiona*
Kirsty seems to go through phases of settling really well at bedtime (like now) and times where we have to go up a few times. We just keep going up and be firm with her the first 2 times, saying it's sleepytime and to stop being silly. Then any time(s) after that we go up don't give eye contact or talk to her, we just put her music on and come back out again.

It's so difficult, you to do what you feel is best for your family, but in our house it's bedtime, no nonsense and we don't bring her back downstairs.
January 10th, 2011, 12:35 PM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
just be firm

January 10th, 2011, 12:44 PM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
Just be firm and tell him its bed time, we dont mess around we sleep. Hope he starts to settle better soon x

January 10th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Sweetie Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
once Evan is in bed that's it, he doesn't get back up.
Sometimes we go through a week where we are still laying him down and putting his Winnie the pooh on at gone 8.30 but for the most part he knows what bedtime means and just goes to sleep

I hope Daniel settles soon, it's so draining when you don't get any adult time at night
January 10th, 2011, 01:02 PM
We don't and never have messed around with sleep either.

We ARE firm, we keep putting him back to bed, after 3 times we usually check his pull-up, give him a drink, check his bed is comfy, and then we don't speak to him or give him eye contact each time after that, but then he's still getting out and coming to the top of the stairs and crying and being upset. He got out of bed 8 times tonight before he finally went to bed to stay.

He has a consistent bed time, and a consistent routine, though admittedly tonight was different as he had to go to the dr after school and then we took him to McDonald's for tea. However he's been doing this pretty much every night since he was ill over Christmas. We've never had problems like this before.

Last edited by Carwen*Angel; January 10th, 2011 at 01:05 PM.
January 10th, 2011, 01:36 PM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
Lacey still does every now and then, last night she was up crying from 10.30 - 12am and its so frsutrating, she kept sying she didnt want to sleep.

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

January 10th, 2011, 01:43 PM
My mum just went up to him and apparently he's still tossing and turning half-asleep and half asking for someone to hold his hand.

His TA at school is off with a dislocated knee and I don't know if that's what's unsettling him. She lives in our street and we took a get well card round today so he has had a chat with her but has seen her on crutches and we have no idea when she'll be back at school. I can't put up with this for months on end!!!

January 10th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~~MaRiE~~
Courtney did it for a while when she was around 3 we just had to keep telling her and after a few weeks she got the hint
January 10th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Aw I hope he settles down soon.

I have been very lucky with Josh, he loves his bed! And some times is asking to go to bed from 5pm! Weird boy!
Mummy to 2 boys expecting #3.

January 10th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Daniel's always been the same Vikki, until this last week or two.

January 10th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Cali*Luvin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm going thru the same thing with Chase he used to be so good going to bed until we came back from Disney land he wouldn't sleep in his own bed. I had made the mistake lying in the spare bed in his room, so he wouldn't disturb Bella. But i was making the situation worse now we are down to doing the cio method, so draining feel like cant enjoy to sleep in fear of him waking up cant settle no fun dreading the evenings either.

January 11th, 2011, 03:44 AM
Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just carry on doing what you're doing Sharron, be consistant and hopefully he'll return to going to bed/sleep well.

Thanks to Julia (Julka) for my beautiful siggy!
Come and see how Alyssa's grown!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search