A moan about facebook

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2011, 01:34 AM
Veteran
I had a girlie day out back in June last year. Lots n lots of wine was consumed on a lovely hot day. I can remember it well, it was the only day we sat outside a bar in Merchant City in Glasgow.

Fast forward to Christmas time and one of the girls that was there decided to put the photos on Facebook. I don't have Facebook, I had it once and was "befriended" by several people who used to bully me at school all thinking that the past had been forgotten so I deleted it.

I guess it's not really a huge deal to me that these photos have gone onto Facebook although it annoys me a little that I have never actually seen them.

So, we're in Tesco last night and met a couple that we know, he's a nice guy but she's a bit of a cow. So, she had a total dig at me for drinking a huge glass of wine while I was pregnant and just said "yeah, yeah" in a sarcastic way when I said it was June last year (it was July before we even started trying for a baby).

I'm so annoyed that someone would be so rude to me in front of my husband. Yes, I was in a photo with a huge glass of wine, the large wine's were in massive glasses BUT it was clearly summer. I was hardly sitting outside in December with summer clothes on.

So, should I get my friend to take this photo off in case other people are being nasty about me or should I laugh it off as the girl I don't get on with being a complete cow and pretty dam stupid?

January 11th, 2011, 01:53 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
A bit of both. If you're not happy about a photo of you being on a public website, tell her to delete it, but equally take no notice of this silly girl, she probably is the only one being nasty and will forget about it sooner if you don't make a fuss and move on to someone else.

I don't like Facebook personally. I have it but don't use it much. There's very little I feel comfortable putting out there where it can be read by absolutely everybody I know in the world who is on Facebook and I don't like the way it works etc. It annoys me when people only post photos there as well and expect me to look at them. That's really the reason I have an account when I'd rather not, so I don't miss out on things like that, but also FB lags like hell for me and it always takes me far longer than I'd really like to take.

January 11th, 2011, 02:18 AM
~* Helen *~'s Avatar A Prince And 2 Princess's
I agree ... a bit of both .. if you are not happy with the photo being on there then ask them to take it off. And also just ignore this woman in tescos .. she sounds a right cow!
January 11th, 2011, 03:29 AM
Veteran
The photo itself I guess doesn't bother me too much although i'd like to have seen it first. It could have been taken on the 1st glass of wine or the 5th

I'm hoping she's the only person silly enough to think that it was taken recently. As if someone would wear summer clothes out in Glasgow at this time of year (well teenagers do but i'm long past teenage age)

January 11th, 2011, 03:37 AM
Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd try to ignore it, and let it go over my head.

Sharron, you can set your FB so that it's private and no-one can see it apart from your friends.

Thanks to Julia (Julka) for my beautiful siggy!
Come and see how Alyssa's grown!!
January 11th, 2011, 03:44 AM
MummyTo2Plus5's Avatar Loving my baby boy
i personally would tell her to mind her bl00dy business!!

Very proud mummy to 2 earthly and 5 heavenly babies

January 11th, 2011, 03:50 AM
*Fiona*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
I'd try to ignore it, and let it go over my head.

Sharron, you can set your FB so that it's private and no-one can see it apart from your friends.
This is how my profile is, however this afternoon when Kirsty is napping, I'm going to take almost all of my pictures off there. It occurred to me when someone on JM was banned for lying about stuff recently, that Kirsty's whole life is on my FB, I don't know how comfortable I am about that.

It is possible to create photo albums and only allow certain people access to it as well. At our Toddlers Christmas Party, our close friends took their granddaughter but had forgot their camera, so I took pics of both Kirsty and my friend's granddaughter, they are on my FB but only viewable to us, them and certain family members.

I have quite a few "random" folk on my FB for gaming reasons, however all of my privacy options are set up so that all they can see is my game posts on the homepage. They can't see my photos, wall posts etc.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search