Do you go on any social networking sites?

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sarah*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2012, 12:00 PM
Fae*Aibell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Like Twitter and facebook.

Which do you prefer?

If you are on twitter do you like the fact that everyone can see what you post?

If you are on facebook, do you have a lot of friends or are you particular about who you friend?

Do you play any of the games that are linked to these social networks?

Forever missing my 3 angel babies: Harry, Ewan, and Audrey.
I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

PROUD CO-HOST OF UK AND IRELAND MUMMIES
May 21st, 2012, 12:09 PM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
I go on facebook alot, but im really particular about who i have on my lists, i only have 80 friends, i removed all the nosey people i don't speak to along time ago, im forever going through my list removing people that i never exchange words with! i like my facebook to be a small list of people i speak to... think soon i will be left with 20 friends lol.
Fae*Aibell likes this.

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

May 21st, 2012, 12:33 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I have accts on both mostly because friends pressured me to make them. Don't use them much though, FB in particular I really don't like and prefer to be here.

May 21st, 2012, 12:52 PM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
im on facebook, most of my "friends" on there are mostly people i went to school/collage with and never see, i have a small group of real friends on there ut i mostly use it to keep in contact with my family as they are all in England and France and this way im still in their daily lives
I'm not as fussy as i should be though, my account was hacked last year because of one of the games i used to play on there - yoville - someone hacked my email and facebook just to steal some virtual crap. I dont really play games on there anymore after that. kind of ruined it on me.

...and baby number 2
May 21st, 2012, 03:41 PM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
I'm on both.
I love Twitter! I don't mind that all my followers see my posts, all my followers, with the exception of Matt Goss, are NKOTB fans so most tweets are about the guys anyway and I don't think Donnie Wahlberg minds my tweets either, yup he's following me too, so you can see why I love Twitter . I never tweet anything I only want certain people to see, I'll DM people if need be.
I have under 200 friends on FB, a mix of people I know in RL and others that I've gained through twitter! I play a few games on FB, mainly Bubble Witch Saga, Hidden Chronicles & Words with Friends.
May 22nd, 2012, 03:10 AM
I have accounts with both but don't use the twitter one at all, its one ive never taken to. I love facebook though and find it a great way to keep up with family and friends. There is nobody im friends with that are not family or havn't met in a significant way (like through jm), i'm very protective over who im friends with and who i give access of my pictures to. Its very handy for our family as we have lots of family in the UK and South Africa and it helps us interact with them as a family on a daily basis and we have gotten to know them so much better than we did before there was facebook. My dad found his long lost brothers family through facebook a year and a half ago, dad was looking for his brother for 40 yrs and in the end it came down to facebook, so we will be eternally grateful to it. Unfortunatly dad's brother had passed away when contact was made but we now have a huge family in South Africa, 4 of whom we actually have met already in london last summer and my aunt maybe coming to england next year so we will travel over again to meet her.

I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

May 22nd, 2012, 05:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~~MaRiE~~
I have both my twitter is set to private so like facebook people have to request to follow me before they see any posts i have to accept.
I much prefer facebook though !!
May 22nd, 2012, 11:01 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fae*Aibell View Post
I have accounts with both but don't use the twitter one at all, its one ive never taken to. I love facebook though and find it a great way to keep up with family and friends. There is nobody im friends with that are not family or havn't met in a significant way (like through jm), i'm very protective over who im friends with and who i give access of my pictures to. Its very handy for our family as we have lots of family in the UK and South Africa and it helps us interact with them as a family on a daily basis and we have gotten to know them so much better than we did before there was facebook. My dad found his long lost brothers family through facebook a year and a half ago, dad was looking for his brother for 40 yrs and in the end it came down to facebook, so we will be eternally grateful to it. Unfortunatly dad's brother had passed away when contact was made but we now have a huge family in South Africa, 4 of whom we actually have met already in london last summer and my aunt maybe coming to england next year so we will travel over again to meet her.
awww that is great!! i got in contact with my half sister through facebook also

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

May 22nd, 2012, 02:33 PM
Aw thats great Sarah, its amazing how the one touch of a button can put family in touch with each other again after years of looking.

May 26th, 2012, 01:41 PM
PrincessLou79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm on FB and Twitter and I probably use them both equally. I only have people I trust and believe to be my true friends on my FB friends list. I found out the hard way how people will use these sites to target people and bully them. I'm the same with Twitter. I follow a few celebrities on there and people who are friends. My privacy settings are high so that people are unable to find me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search