Anyone else hate builders??

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2012, 03:32 PM
About 2 months ago me and oh started looking for a house. He had the money to buy outright from land left to him by his grandad which he sold, and we decided we wanted a new build. We looked at a couple places and decided on a house pretty quiicllu, it's a beautiful little 3 bed in a lovely setting with parkland and a little stream, gorgeous. We paid our reservation fee about a month ago and hes been sorting the legal stuff with a view to move in ASAP. The contracts were signed today! Only for them then to say that the plumbing and sewage works haven't been connected yet as they've had issues with the rock underground it won't sit right, so it now won't be ready til August.. I'm seething! Anyone else had this sort of trouble? Things always seem to go wrong at the last minute! Whatea even more frustrating is that we can have the keys we just can't live there!
May 29th, 2012, 02:30 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Never moved into a new build so I've never had this problem. I know when my mum bought this house it was a new build and they had issues with noise and debris because the estate was still very much a building site, but everything was connected up to our house and mum and dad were able to start living here just fine despite the chaos in the vicinity. I hope your issue gets resolved sooner than you think hun.

May 29th, 2012, 05:42 AM
I think oh has put the fear of his into these people and said find us a plot that IS ready and make sure it is ready, they are running thorough checks and getting back to him so we can choose another! I've moved into newbuilds with my parents before and we never had problems besides being pretty much on a building site, it wasn't a major issue but this takes the biscuit! Hoping yet will sort it out or they will be seeing no money!
May 29th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
quite right too! GL hon!
Georgina-Marie likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search