Do you leave your kids watch tv in bed.

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2012, 11:56 AM
Fae*Aibell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you let your kids watch tv when they go to bed.

If you do, how long do you let them watch or is it till they go to sleep?

What do they usually watch?

I'm asking this as i had to go out and buy Amelia a tv for her bedroom today. He has been escaping from her cot for the past week and hasn't gone to sleep till somewhere between 11pm and 2am every night this week. Last resort was to buy her a tv and a minnie mouse dvd and hopefully it will entice her to stay in her cot. Its a lovely wall mounted flat tv and the best part is its pink and the dvd player is built into it, so its up out of her reach. Im really hoping it will work because after a week of working on finishing my outfits for the show tomorrow night (which included an all nighter tuesday night) and chasing her around till all hours, im ready to fall down.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies: Harry, Ewan, and Audrey.
I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

PROUD CO-HOST OF UK AND IRELAND MUMMIES
May 31st, 2012, 12:33 PM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
My son does not have a TV in his room & the girls don't have a working TV in their room (well it works but the plugs are other side of room and need to get an extension lead for it which we haven't yet.. on purpose lol) I don't like the thought of my kids watching TV at night before bed (in their room) but i would let them watch it in the mornings when they wake and during the day if they are playing up there

May 31st, 2012, 12:42 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
No. It's hard work settling Daniel in bed as it is. Bed is for switching off. He's allowed to read in bed and cuddle a teddy and that's it as far as entertainment in bed goes!

His dad lets him play iPod in bed on a Friday night and Daniel's completely aware that's his treat at daddy's and only because it's not a school night.

May 31st, 2012, 12:47 PM
Fae*Aibell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My boys do watch tv in bed, i find it gets them to stay in bed and wind down quicker. They only have a dvd player, they don't have access to Sky. When they didn't have a tv (they only got it when my mum was in hospital and DH was trying to look after the 3 of them 24/7) they would start messing with each other and winding each other up and some nights it would be past 11 before they settled to go to sleep, so the tv works best for us to get them to sleep fast.

BTW, the tv did NOT work with Amelia, she went to bed a half hour ago, i put the tv on with minnie on it and about 2 mins later she had climbed out of the cot to watch the tv. There is €200 i ain't gonna see the benefit of anytime soon lol.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies: Harry, Ewan, and Audrey.
I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

PROUD CO-HOST OF UK AND IRELAND MUMMIES
May 31st, 2012, 12:54 PM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
No, they have TVs in their rooms but they don't watch them in bed.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search