Lovely conversation with Daniel last night xposted

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
He spied the new cot mobile I got for baby in our bedroom last night (his rocking horse is in there as it doesn't fit in the other room and he always has a little ride on it before bed), and got it out and was having a good look, and a good look at the picture of the baby on the box. It sparked a conversation about stuff he had when he was a baby, and then things baby will like and dislike, and how it will be when baby cries, that sort of thing. Daniel was asking what would happen if this, that or the other - and asking if the baby was still in my tummy. I was talking to him about baby grabbing his finger or his nose which he found hilarious. I also told him that baby was still in my tummy but would be coming out in round about 7 week's time. He went quite contemplative when I said that, but not upset. When I asked him if he was still excited about having a baby brother or sister he said very softly, "yes".

I think he IS excited, but apprehensive. But it's lovely that he's taking an interest in the preparations for baby. He is quite proud that baby is having his old cot and he has therefore been able to contribute, and interested in the baby's toys, so I have told him he can help baby learn to play and show him or her how to use the different toys and he was chuffed with that. I'm sure he's going to be a great big brother, though may need extra support to adjust, but that's one of the reasons I plan to be off work for a year.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search