For anyone planning to travel with LOs this summer...

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 30th, 2012, 04:15 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Have you checked out this article?
Tips for Traveling Green with Babies & Toddlers from Inhabitots : Babies : pregnancy and parenting on JustMommies

Do you have any more tips for travelling with babies or little ones to share?

What forms of transport have you found easiest and hardest with LOs in tow - train? plane? car?

July 4th, 2012, 12:10 PM
I have done plane and train just me and Daniel and it was hard work with the luggage in one hand and him in the other, so one of my tips would deffo be that if you're travelling alone with a child on public transport, travel LIGHT!

July 4th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Fae*Aibell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That would be my tip also. I travelled to the US when Jake was 7 months but there were 4 of us adults and he was the only kid so it was ok as i had plenty of help. We then travelled to the US again when Reese was one and a half and Jake was 3, it proved tougher as there were 3 adults 2 kids and only 4 seats and we got those ones in the middle of the plane where there is little room. That time also we had to travel from Cork to heathrow, then transfer over to gatwick by bus, stay in a hotel overnight, get and early flight to orlando, it was a nightmare. A yr later we travelled to the US again, same people, but the kids were 2 and a half and 4, we all had our own seats and as we travelled directly out of Ireland with the airline both DH and I worked for we got seats with plenty of legroom and got the royal treatment as they knew we were travelling with little Ewans ashes (we scattered half of them in a beautiful garden we always visited on our trips to the US which meant a lot to us) it was much easier.
Travelling with little ones is hard at the best of times but i can only imagine how hard it is when you are travelling alone with them.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies: Harry, Ewan, and Audrey.
I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

PROUD CO-HOST OF UK AND IRELAND MUMMIES
July 4th, 2012, 12:44 PM
It was when I was single so it was either that or never take him anywhere.
One thing it has done is taught him how to behave when travelling. I LOVE taking him on holiday now because he is SO good. And I'm sure those early trips where he knew it was just me and him and he had to help out a little helped!

July 4th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Fae*Aibell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Its great that you taught him so early and that it stayed with him. I find with my boys especially that they wind each other up terrible. They both make sure they do what bugs the living daylights out of the other and there do be mayhem in the car. Its getting so bad we are thinking of trading in our 2 cars to get 1 big 7 seater car so they can have plenty of space to themselves. At the moment the 3 of them are stuck across the back seat together. Picture it, i have Reese falling asleep and ending up falling over with his head on Jake, Jake then freaks and tries to tell me Reese did it deliberatly even though he is asleep. Jake then pushes Reese off him and Reese will say Jake did it to wind him up, then Amelia will join in and either rob Jakes glasses off his face or whatever book or toy he has, he then goes mental with her and when i reach back to get whatever she took she throws it over her shoulder into the boot. Complete mayhem.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies: Harry, Ewan, and Audrey.
I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

PROUD CO-HOST OF UK AND IRELAND MUMMIES

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search