Insects!

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 4th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
What sorts of insects and other creatures have you seen in your garden up to now this year?

How's the bee / wasp / fly count this summer?

Has anyone actually seen a ladybird? They seem to be getting rarer and rarer.

July 4th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Fae*Aibell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We havn't spent time in the garden yet, ive seen a few flies around though but no butterflies. Last week when we went to Jedward we stopped at a fast food place on the way and we saw the staff getting into a bit of a commotion about something outside, so my nosiness got the better of me and i had to check out what they were looking at. On a bush outside there were a swarm of bees just hanging around it, there must have been about 500 of them. People were driving up to the drive through thingy spotting the flies rolling up the windows and driving off. Ive never seen so many bees in one place in my life. PS. And as i was corrected by Jake on the night, they were not bee's they were wasps lol.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies: Harry, Ewan, and Audrey.
I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

PROUD CO-HOST OF UK AND IRELAND MUMMIES
July 4th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Must've been a nest! *shudder*

We had flying ants coming into the classroom a couple weeks ago, they had to get the fumigator man in one evening, yuck!

Yknow I haven't seen any butterflies either, though we have TONS of caterpillars on the foliage at school right now, so maybe soon??

July 4th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Hopefully soon and we will have beautiful butterflies around, i was talking to my brothers friend earlier and he was only saying how everything nature wise is so messed up at the moment. He knows someone with an apple orchard that supplies one a cider brewery and he is looking like he will lose most of his crop over the bad weather. The apples have either not grown at all or grown and rotted over the wet. Its awful.

I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

July 4th, 2012, 12:54 PM
The weather has been weird though, hasn't it - it's been so wet and grey here today, and yet so hot and humid at the same time! Really really odd for this country.

July 4th, 2012, 01:10 PM
We woke up to heavy rain this morning and come this afternoon it was summer clothes and sunscreen. We are all going to end up with colds its so changable.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search