Ugh had to take out health insurance today.

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Fae*Aibell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had to take out private health insurance today as i just don't trust the irish health system any more. My mam has been pushing me for weeks to do it as she is currently on a wait list of 2 and a half years for a hip replacement and is in excrusiating(sp?) pain. Its just really hard seeing her in so much pain and nothing been done about it other than getting pain killers. She was absolutly terrified about us not having private insurance over the wait list for public treatment. Luckily for us a new health insurance company has come into the country in the past few weeks and are offering good packages for reasonable rates. The package we got gives our family a free first aid course, free nutritionist visits, contributes to any cost incurred with the kids sports clubs. Hubby can get prostate exams and i can get smear tests. They also have a very good maternity package which can't be claimed on for at least 12 months so ttc is on hold till this time next year. I would be more at ease having private maternity care here as im high risk and would get monitored from the moment i get my bfp. This happened when pregnant with Amelia and eased my mind so much. The maternity package will even give DH €200 for expenses (ie petrol and food) to come visit me in the hospital. It will be a stretch on our finances but i feel it will be worth it for the peace of mind it will bring. Please god it will be a waste of money and we will never have to claim on it.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies: Harry, Ewan, and Audrey.
I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

PROUD CO-HOST OF UK AND IRELAND MUMMIES
July 13th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
honey xxx

Our NHS over here is mostly pretty good (at the moment - touch wood) thankfully.

I really hope you don't have to claim on it.

July 14th, 2012, 12:49 AM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sweety i dont blame you one bit - the standard of maternity care in Ireland is really really bad. What i wouldn't give to be back in the UK on the NHS my best friend over in birmingham is expecting and all she does is moan about not getting to see the same doctor at every visit - she has no idea how lucky she is!

...and baby number 2
July 14th, 2012, 05:27 AM
Fae*Aibell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Listening to the news here yesterday it makes me glad that i took out the new policy. Turns out the HSE (our health board) went $260million over budget in the first 5 months of this year. So as if we hadn't taken enough cuts already they are cutting more. We are lucky with Amelia though, the waiting list for her hip op is 6 months, thats considered really good. I was public when having Jake and i found it ok, but i wan't high risk at that point i was only high risk when it came to Amelia. But we are now 8 yrs down the line and with all the cuts i don't know what state the public maternity system is in now.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies: Harry, Ewan, and Audrey.
I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

PROUD CO-HOST OF UK AND IRELAND MUMMIES

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search