B&B

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2012, 06:04 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Do any of you watch Four in a Bed? It's one of my guilty pleasures (I like nosing at other people's houses etc lol) and I always find myself thinking about if I ran a B&B how I would do things.

Would you ever like to try running a B&B?

Where?

How would you decorate/kit out the rooms?

What would you offer for your breakfast menu?

How would you try and set yourself apart from other B&Bs?

July 23rd, 2012, 07:51 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Would you ever like to try running a B&B?
If I had enough money to set it up comfortably and hire at least one extra pair of hands, yes.

Where?
Scotland maybe near the coast or a loch, somewhere in the Lakes, or somewhere on the Welsh or Cornish/Devonish coast.

How would you decorate/kit out the rooms?
I think I would keep it fairly minimal with cream walls with one feature papered wall giving a splash of colour, that then tied in with accessories, and would probably call them by colour.

What would you offer for your breakfast menu?
It would be nice to offer something a bit different. Some help-yourself cold things such as cereals, yogurts, fresh fruit, juices, etc, with hot options including sweet/savoury waffles or pancakes, breakfast muffins a bit like they have at McDonalds with "the works" on them, and unlimited toast/jam.

How would you try and set yourself apart from other B&Bs?
I would love to incorporate it with a bit of a spiritual retreat. I would like to have a large garden with different areas for strolling, meditating, relaxing or even doing a bit of gardening. And a healing/meditation/angel/crystal room where I could possibly also offer readings and workshops and sell bits of spiritual kit. All optional extras of course.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search