Fruit shoot recall affecting anyone else?

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2012, 09:46 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Argh it's doing my head in now.

We noticed a few weeks ago that there are no fruit shoots in the shops. Now Daniel is rigid about his food and drink and is only able to use sippy cups and fruit shoot style bottles to drink from (this is to do with autism, not laziness or naughtiness, btw for the newer ladies).

Last week we discovered from a notice in the co-op that all the fruit shoots with the new style bottles had been recalled because of a safety issue.

How long is it gonna take to fix? Can they not send them out in old style bottles???

We really rely on fruit shoots for picnics and such in the holidays and we're down to our last few!

Anyone else having the same problem or noticed any shops where they're still selling them at all?

We have a bottle of Robinson's orange to refill bottles with but this may meet with resistance as Daniel can usually tell the difference...

July 31st, 2012, 03:50 PM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
I don;t often get fruit shoots, ~I tend to buy the shops own version of them so not really been affected. Although I did see Fruit Shoots in Sainsburys today.
August 1st, 2012, 01:32 AM
PrincessLou79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't buy Fruit Shoots unless they are on offer and I know we are going to be busy with outings where we will need a picnic. I had no idea they had been recalled, what a nuisance for you and Daniel!

August 1st, 2012, 07:10 AM
Fae*Aibell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I only bought some here a few days ago but in the normal style bottles. Hope they are back on the shelf for u soon, i know how important it is to keep things the same.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies: Harry, Ewan, and Audrey.
I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

PROUD CO-HOST OF UK AND IRELAND MUMMIES
August 1st, 2012, 08:06 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I might pop to Sainsbury's tomorrow to see if our local one has some as Yvonne's did.

August 1st, 2012, 01:58 PM
Fae*Aibell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sharron i just did my online shopping with Tesco and they had Fruit Shoots, i would say give your local Tesco a go too. They should have them as they are pretty in sync with what is sold over here.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies: Harry, Ewan, and Audrey.
I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

PROUD CO-HOST OF UK AND IRELAND MUMMIES

Tags
uk and ireland

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search