Log In Sign Up

Amelia's hip test was yesterday.


Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
August 1st, 2012, 08:46 AM
Fae*Aibell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 4,711
We had to take Amelia to Dublin yesterday for her test on her hip to determine whether she needed the operation on it. For those who don't know Amelia was born with an underdeveloped left hip and no matter how they tried to improve the growth it wasn't working so her doc wanted to do a more indepth test to see if there was cartiledge around the joint or not. If there was cartiledge she wouldn't need the op and if there wasn't she would need one of 2 different op's. Turns out she has no cartiledge there which means she will need an operation. They are going to break her hip bone and bring it down to close the gap that is there. She will spend up to 3 months then in a cast from her knees to her chest while the bone heals. This will be done sometime over the winter. We got all this info in a five minute conversation with one of her doctors associates yesterday so we have a lot of questions that still need to be answered and we have an appointment with her doctor in 4 weeks to discuss all aspects of the op and the aftercare she will need. I am still trying to digest this as even though we knew there was a 90% chance of her needing it we still held onto the hope that she would fall into the 10% of not needing it. Just waiting for next month now to have all our concerns and questions answered.
__________________
Molly

Forever missing my 3 angel babies: Harry, Ewan, and Audrey.
I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.






PROUD CO-HOST OF UK AND IRELAND MUMMIES
Reply With Quote
  #2  
August 1st, 2012, 08:49 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 66,539
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Really hope you get some proper answers next time hun xxx
__________________



Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:34 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0