Considering acupuncture

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies,

I know its been a while since I posted - sorry

Short update on TTC#1, i've now been referred for IUI but it will be january before I can get a cycle in. Anyway...in the meantime Im thinking of trying acupuncture and wondered if any of you lovely UK based ladies had any recommendations?

I'm in Derbyshire and have found a couple of clinics locally but really dont know where to start, any advice would be appreciated!

Hope you're all well

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

November 8th, 2012, 06:48 AM
RandomRobot's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Jen, I dont really know much about Acupunture but have heard lots of people recommend it for a few things, good luck!
November 8th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I've never had acupuncture sorry. Perhaps go with someone through a holistic centre where their work will be monitored.

If you're interested in alternative therapies, I do know about crystal healing...and carrying/wearing moonstone and carnelian would help balance your reproductive system, too. Both are inexpensive and easy to get.

November 9th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies, I've found someone that based in a healthcentre, on the thinking that infection control wise it should be ok/safe. That was my main concern tbh poor infection control with the needles!

I'll have a look at those crystals too thank you Sharon, I'm pretty open minded so grateful for the suggestion!

November 9th, 2012, 09:06 AM
PrincessLou79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In some counties you can get a referral from your GP for acupuncture. I don't know if that is the case where you live but it might be worth speaking to your GP just in case. Acupuncture is being more widely recognised for it's benefits amongst the medical community apparently and is slowly but surely being offered as a course of treatment for a variety of things through the NHS.

November 9th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had no idea about that, ill give my GP surgery a call to see if they can help! thank you

November 9th, 2012, 09:11 AM
PrincessLou79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's only based on some information I found on the internet when I was looking into acupuncture for my morning sickness. I hope you find someone suitable and the acupuncture helps you.

November 9th, 2012, 02:52 PM
~.Sally.~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope that it helps and someone based in a health centre would be good, there may also be a list of ones local that are accredited and then they have the full training. I have had accupunture with a physiotherapist before to treat pain and it did help.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search