Museums

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Do you take your kids to any museums in the cold weather?

They can be a really good thing to do and if you take a picnic most of them are free!! We tend to go quite a lot over the winter period. Sometimes they also provide trails and activities for kids, especially in the half-terms.

We are quite lucky though as we have the Manchester Museum of Science and Industry which particularly has a lot of hands-on things for children including train sets and senses experiment toys. We also have Bolton Museum and Manchester Museum which have brilliant Egyptian and natural history sections and aquariums.
A little further afield we also have the Harris Museum in Preston and the Grosvenor Museum in Chester, both have lots of Roman artefacts.

November 9th, 2012, 05:50 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
We dont drive so are very limited with what we can do, there is one local walking distance, its very tiny though wouldnt take long to get around it and i dont think my kids are at the age to appreciate a museum, i used to like going when i was younger i love history

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

November 9th, 2012, 06:17 AM
PrincessLou79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The only museum near us that is free is Cosford Air Museum.The kids do enjoy a trip there every now and then to see all the different aeroplanes. There are loads of museums locally in Ironbridge but unfortunately they are rather expensive to get in to so we rarely go to any of them.

November 9th, 2012, 08:39 AM
RandomRobot's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
there are alot of museums in Dublin but none here unless you count the maritime museum but thats small, we havnt been to many but might do as they get bigger, its something I loved doing as a kid
November 9th, 2012, 11:06 AM
bexmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bexmommy Send a message via MSN to bexmommy Send a message via Skype™ to bexmommy
We take the kids to the ones in town, we havent been in a while though
November 9th, 2012, 02:59 PM
~.Sally.~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a couple in Sheffield that we visit. We take a picnic and make a day of it going on the tram from Meadowhall.

Tags
uk and ireland

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search