Nativity Tickets

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
This REALLY does my head in.

Daniel's school is 2-form entry so about 60 children in each year group. For the last 2 years, Y1 and Y2 have done their Christmas production together, so we're talking about 120 children in the same play over 3 performances.

As a consequence of this they only allocate TWO tickets per child. It would be so unfair for either me, Daniel's dad, or my mum (considering she's his carer, does most of the school runs etc) to miss out on Daniel's last Nativity. And ideally I'd like Shaun to be able to go as well.

You're allowed to request extra tickets but you don't know until later whether or not you can have them.

If we only get two, I'm pretty sure it's me that will miss out because I can see both my mum and Daniel's dad being VERY funny about not being able to go. :*(

I just think they need to come up with a better system. How many families is this really fair to, with so many split families, and so many grandparents doing a bulk of childcare while parents work? Please pray that we get four in the end!

November 15th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Fae*Aibell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thats so unfair, 2 tickets is crazy. We have a similar thing going on with Jakes first communion. Myself Dh and the kids get seats. The rest of the family have to stand at the back, i know at least they can be there but my mum is using a walker at the moment and thats on a good day, on a bad day a wheelchair, i really would love her to be able to come and sit with us, and dad too, but its not allowed. Seems to me like everything, every event is becoming more complicated and stressful. Luckily for us extended family are at least allowed in the church, our priest is nice, ive heard of many other schools where parents are only allowed. Hope you get the extra tickets to allow you all to go and enjoy Daniels performance.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies: Harry, Ewan, and Audrey.
I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

PROUD CO-HOST OF UK AND IRELAND MUMMIES
November 15th, 2012, 02:18 PM
RandomRobot's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
unfortunatly thats the system they use here, for anyting like communions/confirmations they only allocate 2 seats per child, the kids have never done nativity plays so never had that come up before
hopw you manage to get tickets Sharron x
November 16th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I just don't know how they figure 2 is enough. Kids do have grandparents as well as parents, and in many families these days, step-parents too! Makes me mad.

The school have further pissed me off today. Turned up there with Daniel this morning to discover it's a non-uniform day. Somehow we have missed the letter - Daniel goes to nurture group 2 afternoons a week and it seems to me we miss any letters that get given out those days - and didn't know so Daniel was in his uniform. For any child this would be upsetting, for Daniel even worse. He was a very good boy about it but he was absolutely gutted and upset, clinging to me like he hasn't done since nursery, and I felt dreadful. It's not the first time we've missed important letters. I am fuming about it.

November 16th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
Our school does two tickets per family. It's a small school and the hall is small so the production (which has the whole school in it) is done over 3 performances. If they handed out more tickets they would be doing the show every day for a week!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search