Christmas TV

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 20th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Does anyone else look forward to the Christmas TV guides coming out?

Who else sits and reads it and plans/circles what they're going to watch on Christmas TV, or am I the only one that sad?

And is it me or is Christmas TV just not as good as it used to be, and mostly repeats?

November 20th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
Me.
Highlight everything in bright yellow!
It doesn't seem as good, but my kids all love it so maybe we're just getting old
November 20th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Fae*Aibell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree it's no where as good as it used to be. I used to look forward to all the Christmas specials of programmes like ' the vicar of dibley' 'absolutely fabulous' ' father ted' etc. since all those finished there isn't any real Christmas specials to look forward to. I got excited last year when I heard 'absolutely fabulous' were doing a one off special but it was such a let down. Now I only look forward to the soaps and I hear eastenders is gonna be doing their annual murder who dunnit

Forever missing my 3 angel babies: Harry, Ewan, and Audrey.
I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

PROUD CO-HOST OF UK AND IRELAND MUMMIES
November 21st, 2012, 03:38 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
I dont get a christmas tv guide, i just use the tv guide through the box, then i will set reminders of things i want to watch or record etc, i do love christmas tv!!

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

November 21st, 2012, 04:01 AM
RandomRobot's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I used to love doing that but it's not as fun as it used to be... There is no *new* stuff although I'm looking forward to watching dr who
November 21st, 2012, 07:29 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I agree a lot of it is re-runs. Some years are better than others. I think the last really good year was 2009. They had things like Nan's Christmas Carol (from Catherine Tate), and it might have been the year of the Gavin and Stacey Christmas special. It was also the year Kirstie's Homemade Christmas first aired, which I really enjoyed. (I remember because it was when I lived in the flat so it doesn't just meld in with the other Christmasses).

There have been a few good things on this year that I've enjoyed watching, not sure if they'll have Christmas specials or not. I really enjoyed Miranda - Miranda Hart's sitcom series - but they already aired the Christmas special for some reason best known to BBC1.

Tags
uk and ireland tv

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search