Baby food

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 20th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I will be looking at trying Michaela in the couple of months after Christmas.

This is going to sound horrible but I am looking forward to weaning her, when she's ready of course, and doing away with the need to express milk, it just adds an extra dimension onto everything and is such a stress for me at the moment, but I don't feel happy switching to formula for no reason while she's on a milk-only diet still.

Daniel had mostly the little Heinz tins and our dinners pureed, but Michaela seems to have such different taste to Daniel, I'm thinking she may not like those. I'll probably start with the Heinz organic jars and see if she likes them. Any other recommendations?

November 20th, 2012, 01:59 AM
PrincessLou79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you considered trying baby-led weaning as an alternative to using jars and purees? Several of my friends have gone down that route and had great success with it.
November 20th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I would if she was feeding from the breast Lou, but having to express milk as well as feed and change baby and do other household chores is getting me down, and I will need to start devoting some time to my jobsearch after Christmas. So baby-led weaning, sadly, isn't going to work for me.

November 20th, 2012, 01:48 PM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
Ella pouches are great.

With Mia we used the organic jars with Molly we have done a mix of BLW and Ella pouches.

November 20th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Fae*Aibell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When starting mine on solids I always started with organic baby rice. It's quick and easy to make up, and bland enough for it not to over power on taste to start with.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies: Harry, Ewan, and Audrey.
I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

PROUD CO-HOST OF UK AND IRELAND MUMMIES
November 21st, 2012, 03:41 AM
Loving My Piglets
I made all my own food with the kids, it was really easy though at the beginning when their appetite is smaller as you can just buy one lot of broccoli then cook it all at once and then puree it and divide it into pots and you have atleast a few weeks dinners! i do the same for cauliflower and carrot, as first tastes, then a few weeks later i mix veggies together to give them extra taste, then add things like sweet potato etc you can easily make a months worth of food in a few hours.

R (10) 24.04.06 - our little angel
R (9) 07.06.07
L (8) 05.06.08
L (6) 26.04.10
C (3) 15.02.13

November 21st, 2012, 03:55 AM
RandomRobot's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I made a lot of puréed veg etc and froze in cubes to start with, they were great and I used to mix with a little of the powdered baby rice, the rice was great as it was quick and easy to make up.. That worked with c and j Jack was different and by the time he was a year he would only tolerate the hipp baby jars in 3 certain flavours such a pain!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search