midwife

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By PrincessLou79

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2013, 10:54 AM
becca4steven's Avatar Veteran
I had my midwife apointment on the 28 dec. At 25 weeks preg well just before. Itwas over 45 min wait to see the midwife as she was late and her first appointment was half an hour long. I got seen fekt very rushed and didn't get any of my questions answered. When r midwife meant to book your antinatual class? Also I was a bit confused with my booking bloods for 28 weks and was told to ring the hosptial all sayin well but they open at 9 and closes at 12.30 to 1.30 then close at 4 so I am goin to try and ring in my lunch break. Also she wasn't helpful about the whopping cough job either . Xx

January 7th, 2013, 11:58 AM
PrincessLou79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My midwife didn't book my antenatal classes for me, I had to book those myself so you may want to look into that. Mine were held at my local hospital, I just had to ring up and book a place. As for your Whooping Cough injection, you should be able to make an appointment with your GP for that any time after 28 weeks pregnant as it's not your midwife who will administer that. I can't believe your midwife didn't take the time to explain all this to you, that's really quite disgraceful! Do you have a number to contact your community midwife? You should definitely call and ask for some clarification on all these points.

January 7th, 2013, 12:11 PM
I do have there number I got given my mb1 forum n for the classes it will b done on my 28 week check up which will be very short notice for my husband as he needs the time of work as he wants to come to hem. She also only measured my belly n hecked my wee not my weight. She checked my blood pressure which was a bit low to my other 2 but she said she wasn't worried about it. Just gets me as they r there to help u xx

January 7th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Has she checked your weight in previous appointments? I've never had my weight checked in all three of my pregnancies, except right at the beginning at my booking in appointment.

You are right, they are there to help you and in no way should you be made to feel like your appointments are rushed, especially as you are a first time mum. It's not your fault if the midwife is running late.
RandomRobot and ETanny like this.

January 7th, 2013, 02:28 PM
RandomRobot's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
lous right, its really not your fault she was late and she shouldnt have rushed you hope your next appointment is better x
January 8th, 2013, 01:26 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
Sorry you felt rushed, how rude of her!

As for not checking weight they dont do that here either, as you said, blood pressure, wee and belly are checked and thats it for the whole appointment unless you need bloods done, anti d etc.

I hope you can get some more info on the classes, hopefully next time you see her she will be more organised and doesnt rush you in and out.

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

January 8th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Thanks she not my midwife so hopefully see my midwife n get answer off her xxx

January 8th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Do you normally see the same midwife at each of your appointments then?

January 9th, 2013, 03:08 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
I dont, i attend a walk in clinic, so i see whoever is on duty!

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

January 9th, 2013, 04:47 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
You shouldnt feel rushed, thats not right at all.

However, I've never had my weight checked apart from booking in and I never saw the same midwife either! It was always a different one.

January 9th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I saw several midwives throughout my pregnancy too. However I never felt rushed. The midwife would always ask if I had any other questions and answer properly. Pretty much always running behind schedule, but it's not the sort of thing that can be rushed. hon xxx

January 9th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Well this was my third appointment so not to sure but from whadt she said I do. I have my next one onthe 23rdjan xxx

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search