Hospital Stays

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Another one inspired by Molly though I do wish she didn't have to be in the hospital.

How many hospital stays have you had to have?

What for?

What do you think is done well in UK/Ireland hospitals these days and what not so well based on your experience?

January 29th, 2013, 07:26 AM
RandomRobot's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
stays in hospital.. 7 days when I had Ciara, one night with Jamie and one night with Jack

stayed in both times I had d and Cs after miscarraiges

day surgery twice for knee ops

Thats it

oh and as for things done well..cant really think.. had quite a few bad experiences with hospitals although i cant fault the last time i went in for the knee op..very smooth and well done
January 29th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I've only stayed in after having my babies, about a week each time as I didn't exactly have straightforward L&Ds.

Been in as a day patient for barium meals, a sigmoidoscopy and two gastroscopies.

I just think they seem terribly understaffed, when I was laid up after my c-section and couldn't even go anywhere on my own it seemed to take an age to be seen to for meds, toileting and food. The staff they have are brilliant for coping as well as they do under the circumstances, but it's not fair on them OR the patients. If the government have to cut funding in some areas, I'm sure they could manage not to cut them on essential services.

January 29th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Fae*Aibell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ive had too many to count, I stayed in when having the kids and numerous times while pregnant. I was in for nearly 2 weeks after having a spontaneous bleed and having my appendix out (had two jobs in one op done as when sorting the bleed they spotted my appendix was damaged), after the op I got an infection which damaged my gall bladder. In the next 6 months I had 7 hospital stays before they eventually removed the gall bladder. That was 6 yrs ago. Since ive had 3trips to hospital, one for 6 days over abdominal pain,the other 2 were day trips, one for d+c, one camera test.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies: Harry, Ewan, and Audrey.
I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

PROUD CO-HOST OF UK AND IRELAND MUMMIES
January 29th, 2013, 12:33 PM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
i have only stayed in when i had daniel, but have stayed twice i think when daniel was ill as a baby, they were pretty smooth apart from being understaffed

January 30th, 2013, 01:24 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
I have had my tonsils out, My appendix, I had my section with Mia, I stayed in for a few nights when the Pre-E started with Molly and then when I had my section with Molly.

For the most part staffing was okay and friendly, My only annoyance really was after I had, had my section with Molly one of the nurses got really mad because of the amount of pillows I had, she said because I had so many someone else only had one. (I was propped up with them by staff on another shift after my section, not like I had sent DH on a hunt for more pillows) I didn't mind as I sent Gary to get mine so she could have them back. I wouldn't have been so annoyed but the way she asked/demanded for them back was very rude.

January 30th, 2013, 12:34 PM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
I stayed in..

When i had the kids.
When rhianna was re-admitted i stayed with her in a side room.
When i lost ryleigh i had to have my placenta removed by D&C stayed in over night.
When i had that piece of plastic stuck in my throat i had to be put to sleep.

Their food can be better!! i tend to take my own packed lunches now lol, some of the staff need to learn some manners too. As for when i had the plastic stuck in my throat it took three visits to A&E for them to put a camera down there!!! i was so ill for weeks and lost so much weight from constant gagging/throwing up, i couldn't eat at all, so i was really weak laid up on the sofa, bloody hospital.

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search