would like some adivce/help

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2013, 11:17 AM
becca4steven's Avatar Veteran
Hi everyone. i went to hospital on thursday morning as i had really bad pain in either side of my belly. they were thinkin about making me in stay in as they said it could have been early labour which it was as they did a check and it ws still closed. then i had my scan on friday morning at 9:30 and baby weights about 3pound and 14oz and growing fine. after all this i been still gettin pains but not as bad. i went back to work today but before i went to work i was gettin pressure and the baby hasnt moved as much duing the night like it normal does. went to work and had on and off pains. was leaving to come home and have got loads of pressure and had like period cramps they have gone but they come and go. i have not felt the baby move normal it will come active around 7ish when i am relaxed. i really don't know what to do? i dont want to ring the hostial and say this coz knowing my luck it will stop. any adivce/help is much needed.

thanks xxx

February 18th, 2013, 12:13 PM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
Maybe relax and have a nice cold glass of water.
If you're still feeling pains tomorrow morning I'd call in sick. If you are not feeling any improvement by the afternoon give them a call.
It could be you're body telling you to slow down a bit x

February 18th, 2013, 12:24 PM
PrincessLou79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ring the hospital, they are there to help you and if you feel something isn't quite right it's always worth getting checked out to make sure all is well.

February 18th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
It's after 7 now - are you feeling any movement yet? Have you tried having a cold drink like Emma said and still no movement? If you have reduced movement still I would call the hospital now.

If not, but you still have cramping, in the morning I would definitely stay off work and rest - and if it continues into the afternoon or you have any spotting, call the hospital.

Do you have a midwife office you can ring during the day if you're not sure or is the hospital your only option?

February 18th, 2013, 02:10 PM
It active but not as active as it normally is. I have a midwife office during the day so can ring them tomorrow. I stil have pressure down there! I have notice I been goin to the toilet alot more then normal. Hopefully the pains will stop or ease! Xx

February 18th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Perhaps the pains plus the frequent toilet visit might mean a water infection or something then...if baby doesn't start moving more and it's not normal though, hon, personally if it was me I wouldn't wait for tomorrow, I'd call tonight, if only for peace of mind. Better safe than sorry.

February 19th, 2013, 12:36 AM
morning everyone well baby was very active at 1:30 this morning still have the pressure and the baby only kicking and turning over in the centre of my belly which is not normal but i know it is active. it has kicked this morning as soon as my dh got into bed and i put my belly on his back the baby started kicking and turning over but still in the centre of my belly. i am going to ring the midwifes this morning and see what they say. i was able to sleep as the pain not been too bad. xx

February 19th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Let us know what they say. Thinking of you x

February 19th, 2013, 12:15 PM
i rang the midwifes this morning and they say that it could be the blood flow or a vien what is causing the pressure. the baby has been laying down the middle of my belly with it bum sticking out in the middle every now and then. baby has been kicking and turnin over but i still have the presure and pains every now and then. xxx

February 19th, 2013, 12:32 PM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
I wonder if its baby trying to 'lock' into place?

February 19th, 2013, 01:35 PM
PrincessLou79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto to Emma, it sounds like it could be baby trying to get into the right position ready for delivery.

February 19th, 2013, 02:08 PM
I think it is head down tbh. As it m first then I am not sure. From what the midwife n doc on Thursday hat it was head down and you could see it on my scan on friday. With the movements today I can feel it turn over and sometimes can't find a comfy spot andwhen it sticks body parts out it like it legs or it bum no head or anything andits been in line with my belly buton or just to one side of it. Xx

February 20th, 2013, 12:52 AM
RandomRobot's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
how are you feeling now x

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search