What or Who Do You Remember Most?

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2013, 06:47 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
From when you first joined this board?

I was just looking back through old posts for new topic inspirations and it brought back some memories of things I'd forgotten.

What do you remember? Which members did you click with, who was around, what was going on on the board at the time?

February 21st, 2013, 07:45 AM
RandomRobot's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I first joined this board i wasnt that much of a regular poster but became alot more active about the year before i became pg with Jack, there ewre alot of members i clicked with, Lou, sally, sharron, karen, charlotte, bex and lots more, the board used to be great fun when i was pg with Jack and the uk mums were always top of the top posters board Ive met some lovely people through JM
February 21st, 2013, 08:42 AM
I know I do miss those days. I'm sure we could get "up there" again but we would need more members, we have a lovely select group now but the problem is there's so few of us sometimes we are all MIA together and the board goes flat. If there were a few more of us in number that would be less likely to happen...ah well. I'm planning to do some inviting on other boards and stuff, I know there are a few other UK ladies out there but posting mostly on TTC boards and DDCs. I think a lot of people miss us cos we're at the bottom of the list!!

When I first joined I'm not sure there was anyone here that's here now...I think most people like Rach, Bex, and Sally joined or certainly became active while I was co-host...and Lou, Emma and Claire a little later still.

I remember Kat my co-host, she was lovely and it's a shame she's not here now. The ladies I remember most from that time are Clara (daffodill), Chrystal and Joanne - Joanne invited me over from another board. At the time the two main things were a member calendar with all the EDDs, birthdays etc on and a map of the UK that we all added our locations to. I remember it being hard work finding newbies who were from the UK and wracking our brains all the time trying to come up with enough topics to keep it moving!!

February 21st, 2013, 10:02 AM
RandomRobot's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh yes I remember Joanne and Kat although i think Kat wasnt posting that much when I was there, think Karen and you were hosts back then!
February 21st, 2013, 10:55 AM
Nope I never hosted with Karen, I hosted with Kat then I hosted briefly with Ellie. Then I stepped down when I was so poorly and Daniel was so poorly post-partum. After a while I got more active again - Karen and Bex were the hosts but I was deffo a regular because I didn't post much anywhere else back then. That's probably what you're remembering.

February 21st, 2013, 11:07 AM
PrincessLou79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I first joined the board the girls I remember were Rach, first and foremost because she was pregnant at the same time as me. Then there was Karen, Bex, Sharron, Abby, Sally and Charlotte. I don't remember Joanne or Kat so I don't think they could have been posting very much when I joined.

February 21st, 2013, 01:37 PM
No you're right Lou, by the time I came back after being MIA after Daniel's birth, I think they'd drifted away.

February 22nd, 2013, 03:21 PM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
I first came across this board when i was TTC and i introduced myself, one of the hosts i remember was KAT not sure who the other was? i only stayed about a week because i didn't feel very comfortable, everyone was so close and i felt like an intruder some usernames/people i remember posting at the time was Bex, Rach, Karen, Abby, Kat, Joanne, Sharron an probs a few more, anyway i went away and carried on posting in the TTC board about a year passed before i came back over i was pregnant with Rhianna and a few of the previous posters had already left i remember that Bex was still here along with Karen, Rach, Abby but i dont think Kat and Joanne were?.. I think Emma, Tracy and Claire were posting then and maybe Sally, Charlotte and Lou too.. I felt much more at "home" the second time round and everyone was so friendly, didn't take me long to settle in at all.

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

February 23rd, 2013, 05:47 AM
I think the host before me was someone called Annie? Sounds like you first came shortly before I was co-host. I remember you posted a little and then came back later and posted more. Sorry if I was any part of making you feel unwelcome, I hate when boards get cliquey and always try to avoid that xxx

February 23rd, 2013, 06:00 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
oh no sharron , nobody went out of there way to make me feel uncomfortable, its just everyone was so close i felt rude jumping in lol

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search