What do you think?

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By RandomRobot
  • 1 Post By sarah*
  • 1 Post By RandomRobot
  • 1 Post By MummyTo2Plus5
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 2 Post By PrincessLou79

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2013, 07:25 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
Just trying to get a few opinions from different ladies on my blog post topic :-)

Mummy pig and her piglets: As a woman do we ever feel "done"..

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

March 9th, 2013, 10:36 AM
RandomRobot's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
very well written Sarah and a great topic. We are done, DH had the snip when Jack was teeny, he certainly doesnt regret it, I do sometimes and it saddens me to realise the next babies i will hold will probably be grandkids but deep down I know we made the right decision, when I think of money, the age differences ( any my age) and issues with kids we are now experiencing it would be wrong to have bought another child into the mix.
sarah* and Carwen*Angel like this.
March 9th, 2013, 10:43 AM
I think deep down i know we will not have anymore.. and this is strange but the fairy card Sharron just pulled out for me on another post was this:

"Sarah - PERFECT TIMING
"This is the right time for you to move forward.""

How strange!
Carwen*Angel likes this.

mummy too....

March 9th, 2013, 10:48 AM
RandomRobot's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think its hard to finally make a decision, thats why Dec had the snip because i think he knew i would maybe want more in the future

and that is very strange re the fairy card!!!
sarah* likes this.
March 9th, 2013, 10:49 AM
MummyTo2Plus5's Avatar Loving my baby boy
i think im done, not cos of pregnancy or anything, the whole idea of ttc again makes me hyperventilate
sarah* likes this.

Very proud mummy to 2 earthly and 5 heavenly babies

March 9th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I commented on there, I'm themagicalmuse.

March 9th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I shared the link on my FB page and wall as well (think everyone I know on here is on there so easier than going board to board). Hope you get some more responses.

It's definitely spooky about the fairy card though.

With me I know it's time now to focus on my career and what to do with my life, and as commented on your blog I had such horrendous labours I know I can't chance another one, not to mention in our current financial situation we can't afford another child, but I'm not 100% happy being "done" though not sure if that's because I originally wanted 3-4 children. However my heart and my arms are full with the two I have so maybe it's not that, maybe it's just a woman's instinct to have baby fever until she reaches the menopause and her hormones change. It's very interesting indeed, I'm going to check back in to read again in a few days and see what others have said.
sarah* likes this.

March 9th, 2013, 11:51 AM
PrincessLou79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It took me 18 months to convince James to have baby number three; he did it for me knowing how desperate I was to have just one more baby. He's going for the snip later on this year and I completely support his decision. I don't think i'll ever completely feel like I'm done but I am so blessed to have the family I do have and I look forward to nurturing them and watching them grow into remarkable little people and beyond. I'm happy, life is good and I couldn't really ask for more.
sarah* and Carwen*Angel like this.

March 10th, 2013, 10:10 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
I thought i'd never be done even for a while after i had Keeley, i was really sad knowing i was never going to be pregnant again. I knew in my heart thou that i could never cope with the stress of another pregnancy after losing Jessica and then being pregnant with Keeley. I have no ''good'' memories of her pregnancy it was filled with fear. I then had to convince myself not to have another baby a year after Keeley was born. it took a few years to actually decide that i need to permanently stop myself being tempted to have another because it would be a selfish reason to have another baby and that would be because i was broody and wanted the newborn stage again. so we talked and Lee decided to have the snip which he did have last year. I am happy with our decision 5 kids are hard work.

March 10th, 2013, 12:11 PM
You are right Claire, it is a selfish reason to have another baby for the sake of going through the newborn stage again, and I think it's the only reason why I even stopped and thought "am I really done?" Because I was sad that I wouldn't get to experience the newborn stage again! I felt at ease with my decision to be done when I was pregnant and confident 4 kids was it for us so my feelings must be because as a woman I love babies lol. Tbh I don't think we will have anymore. I bet in a few months I will feel better about being "done" it's just hard right now because everything has suddenly come to an end in regards to bringing more babies into the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

mummy too....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search