is it near the time?

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2013, 03:43 AM
becca4steven's Avatar Veteran
hi everyone

sorry i have not been around for a while been busy working and sorting out my kitchen as we r redoing it (wont b finished when baby is due). i have been having cramps on n off since tuesday morning. on monday night there was a pinprick of blood when i wiped (sorry if it tmi) then same again on wednesday afternoon before i went for my normal appointment at the midwifes. i told the midwife and she said it was the plug slowly coming out. which there was pinprick amount most time i wiped since wednesday. i didnt get hardly any yesterday and none atm. my cramps have been gettin wrost since last night but still only on and off. midwife also felt where the baby was and that was head down which is a good sign. i am not to fused about it but just wanted to see what you all think. as i have been reading up on the net about it but its mixs messages.

March 22nd, 2013, 04:04 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Well, you're classed as full term at 37 weeks, so firstly this is not something to worry about.

It could well be a sign of baby coming sooner rather than later - BUT it varies from woman to woman. Some ladies lose their plug and go into labour within 48 hours. Some ladies lose their plug but are still pregnant 2 weeks later. Some people have very long, very slow labours where they have contractions for days and weeks before they establish a regular pattern.

With my son, I never lost my plug nor have a contraction until my water broke at 41 weeks plus. And even then nothing happened until I was induced.

With my daughter, I lost my plug around week 40, and was still pregnant and had to be induced at 42 weeks.

The best advice I can give really at this stage of pregnancy is try not to see signs in everything, because I did, and it drove me crazy. Baby will come when ready and until you have contractions that are getting closer together and establishing a regular pattern, or until your water breaks, all bets are off really.

Keep us posted!!

March 22nd, 2013, 04:48 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
Oh you will have to show us your kitchen when it is finished

I agree with Sharron, it's different for everyone... I started losing my plug with Connor at 35 weeks and didn't have him until 41 weeks. Others lose their plug and go into labour quite soon, it really just depends.

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

March 23rd, 2013, 04:04 AM
becca4steven's Avatar Veteran
here is a update. last night i had loads of pressure down blow and cramps got really bad so i went for a bath and they stopped. this morning i went to the toilet and there was a bit more then a pin prick of the plug. when i wriped (sorry tmi)

March 23rd, 2013, 04:43 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I think it's just your body getting ready Becca but it's not really an indication of imminent labour.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search