Suggestions please...

Forum: UK and Ireland Mummies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To UK and Ireland Mummies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
So Daniel is having a Film & Fun party to celebrate his birthday with his school friends before school breaks up for summer (his birthday is Aug and we have tried having a party on the day before and half the people invited were away or busy).

There will be optional fancy dress (children's film characters).

Daniel wants to go as Garfield. Ummm.....not sure how that could be achieved? Don't think they sell Garfield costumes in Asda/Toys R Us etc do they? Or hire them from party shops? Any ideas?

Also any cute ideas for Michaela that would be relatively cheap/easy to do - I am thinking maybe a fairy (Tinkerbell or something) as would be achievable with a tutu and a wand - but mostly because I'm not sure what else would be do-able in her size - fairy is probably a bit boring lol.

June 24th, 2013, 12:07 PM
PrincessLou79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For Garfield you could just use an orange t-shirt (dye a white one if need be) and paint the black markings on it with fabric pens. You could probably download a Garfield mask for him or better still you could get Daniel to decorate his own mask to look like Garfield?

Michaela would look cute as a little fairy.

June 24th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~~MaRiE~~
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Smiffys-Garf.../dp/B007M8Z86O

And asda do some really cute baby dress up outfits and they are really cheap xx
June 25th, 2013, 02:44 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Has anyone seen Rach about recently? I know she makes tutus and wands.

And wow, thanks Marie! That's nice and low price as well! I'm going to show it to Daniel after school and see if he'd be prepared to wear that.

If he wouldn't then I think Lou's suggestion will be the way to go. I guess I could always print a picture of Garfield's face and make it into a mask. I doubt he'd make it. He's not really an artsy and craftsy child!
~~MaRiE~~ likes this.

June 27th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~~MaRiE~~
What did he think of the costume Sharron ? I saw princess body suits with an attached tutu today in the poundshop can you believe it and i thought of you . It looked like a swim suit material in baby pink with the disney fairys on the front and a pink net tutu attached it would look lovely with a wand and some really frilly socks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search