My tattoo :D

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2009, 05:13 PM
mabfaery's Avatar Veteran
Got it done today and I love it! They originally said they wouldn't be able to get the detail of the butterfly, but they made it just a bit bigger and it looks so great! At first he was going to put it facing out, but I told him I wanted it facing me. As he was going with the teal I was looking wondering why he left small blank areas and he asked if it was ok to put some white in the areas- I just said "you're the artist do what will look best" and he did and it really made the butterfly pop I'm very happy with it and when I get the money again I will be getting the pregnancy and infant loss awareness ribbon on the other wrist.
Here is what I gave him to work with:

And here is how it came out:

And for S&G's here is the other ribbon I want on the other wrist:
Sept. 18 2007- MC at 4 weeks 2 days
July 7 2008- High estrogen levels- BCP's
Sept. 1 2008- first AF after BCP
Oct. 28 2008- LMP
April 6 2009- Diagnosed with PCOS
April 8 2009- Started Metformin 500mg 2x's a day
June 23 2009- AF finally showed!
Nov. 15 2009- AF showed on her own
Officially lost 20 lbs
Dec. 29 2009- AF on her own again
On soy iso 200 mg CD 3-7
April 9th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
He did a really good job. You're right, the white makes the butterfly pop.

April 9th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Thanks I wish the pics would show the color better- it's much brighter than it looks- it's a super pretty teal- just a bit more blue than the pic
Oct. 28 2008- LMP
Officially lost 20 lbs
On soy iso 200 mg CD 3-7
April 9th, 2009, 05:38 PM
gumonyershoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to gumonyershoe Send a message via MSN to gumonyershoe Send a message via Yahoo to gumonyershoe
Very pretty! I like it!
You probably said this somewhere, but what's the other ribbon represent?

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
April 9th, 2009, 05:40 PM
*Mrs.J.2011*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love it! Cant wait to see the other one too!

Missing our little "Duckie" since 06-22-09
April 9th, 2009, 05:47 PM
The other one is pregnancy and infant loss awareness.

It will probably be a while (like 6+ months) before I get the other one done. This was $75 and I got my other tat touched up which was $5. DW got a tat today too- a crow.

We treated ourselves today- we don't often spend money like that DW got a check from school and we always pay up bills and pay 6 months of car insurance in full plus order her next few classes books. But we always treat ourselves to something as well- and this time it was the tattoos

The other one is pregnancy and infant loss awareness.

It will probably be a while (like 6+ months) before I get the other one done. This was $75 and I got my other tat touched up which was $5. DW got a tat today too- a crow.

We treated ourselves today- we don't often spend money like that DW got a check from school and we always pay up bills and pay 6 months of car insurance in full plus order her next few classes books. But we always treat ourselves to something as well- and this time it was the tattoos
Oct. 28 2008- LMP
Officially lost 20 lbs
On soy iso 200 mg CD 3-7
April 9th, 2009, 06:08 PM
AllyB's Avatar Regular
Send a message via AIM to AllyB
Ally I love your tattoo!! It turned out great!
Ally #1!!
April 9th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Send a message via AIM to gumonyershoe Send a message via MSN to gumonyershoe Send a message via Yahoo to gumonyershoe
That's not bad for the tattoos I don't think. I've been planning a couple but haven't a) found an artist I'm happy with and b) mustered up the willingness to spend the money. I don't usually like to spend money on myself. DH though... he spends money all the time.

What's your other tattoo of that you got touched up? I just have piercings for now.

April 9th, 2009, 06:31 PM
LOL I usually don't mind spending money on myself when I either need it or it's been a long time since I've splurged (like the tat). I had to shop around to find an artist that I really liked- but I love the guy I have now He is great!
Here is the one I got touched up- it is a remembrance tattoo of my angel baby the initials are the initials I named "him" (I think it as a boy) (some color had faded- but this has a story behind it....)
I got the tat done originally by a "scratcher" here is what it looked like:

After I had my tattoo guy fix it up in June last year:

And today after he fixed the fading:

Oh- and I love piercings I have my tongue and labret, and I usually don't wear earings but both ears are pierced all the way up. I took out my belly ring after a year of infection after infection. I miss it but it wasn't worth the pain I still have plenty I'd like to get done including a munroe and a small nose stud, and a sternum piercing.
Oct. 28 2008- LMP
Officially lost 20 lbs
On soy iso 200 mg CD 3-7
April 9th, 2009, 08:24 PM
I like the tattoo. It's a cool idea! And it does look excellent after being touched up!

Piercings I have are primarily just ears. If it were just me, and I didn't have to worry about work stuff or what DH likes, then I'd probably have more. I have both lobes pierced "traditionally" and then stretched to 6g. Then I have the cartilage on my right ear, a vertical lobe piercing also in my right ear, and then a horizontal lobe piercing in my left ear (all 14g) and then my left eyebrow pierced (16g).

I tried having my tongue pierced but it drove me insane so I took it out before I really gave it a chance. I kind of regret it, but I felt my mouth was just too small for it to ever be comfortable. I've always wanted to have my labret pierced. And I've thought about some others. But DH isn't a big fan and it took some work to get my eyebrow approved at work (I had it pierced, then retired it while I was working at Wal-Mart, and then since I work at a call center and don't really see clients I asked my boss if it'd be cool if I got it redone since other people had facial piercings.) I've also thought about nostril or septum, but I have bad allergies year 'round so I decided that might not be a good idea!

Last edited by gumonyershoe; April 9th, 2009 at 08:38 PM. Reason: duplicated post
April 9th, 2009, 08:24 PM
aprils242001's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to aprils242001
The tat really turned out good!!! I love it!!!
April 10th, 2009, 12:43 AM
gumonyershoe- I am not into the stretching- it's just not for me. I thought about doing my lobes in high school but decided not to. As for what other people think- I guess I'm lucky- my DW doesn't really care what I have done as long as she doesn't have to get anything pierced (except her ears- which I pierce- I have a piercing gun ) My tongue ring has never been a problem for work- and I was working at a call center when I got my labret done! Now- I both work from home and babysit- so there are no restrictions on what I have done- which is kind of nice. The tongue ring took a little while to get used to- I did it (myself) when I was 18- but I often took it in and out so my parents wouldn't see So I think that helped me get used to it (although I'm sure I am lucky I didn't get any infections). Now- I rarely even notice it's there except for the times I am bored/ nervous and I play with it I really would like a small nose stud- the thing that has always kept me from it is my allergies as well- something about trying to blow my nose with that in there all the time creeps me out LOL.

aprils242001- Thank you!

gumonyershoe- I am not into the stretching- it's just not for me. I thought about doing my lobes in high school but decided not to. As for what other people think- I guess I'm lucky- my DW doesn't really care what I have done as long as she doesn't have to get anything pierced (except her ears- which I pierce- I have a piercing gun ) My tongue ring has never been a problem for work- and I was working at a call center when I got my labret done! Now- I both work from home and babysit- so there are no restrictions on what I have done- which is kind of nice. The tongue ring took a little while to get used to- I did it (myself) when I was 18- but I often took it in and out so my parents wouldn't see So I think that helped me get used to it (although I'm sure I am lucky I didn't get any infections). Now- I rarely even notice it's there except for the times I am bored/ nervous and I play with it I really would like a small nose stud- the thing that has always kept me from it is my allergies as well- something about trying to blow my nose with that in there all the time creeps me out LOL.

aprils242001- Thank you!
Oct. 28 2008- LMP
Officially lost 20 lbs
On soy iso 200 mg CD 3-7
April 10th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Love it!!! I must live in a bubble....I didn't know that there was an official pcos awareness symbol...hopefully that means the syndrome is getting the attention warranted!
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

April 10th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Thanks I don't know if it's official or not- I just know the teal ribbon is for PCOS awareness- and I liked the one with the butterfly
Oct. 28 2008- LMP
Officially lost 20 lbs
On soy iso 200 mg CD 3-7
April 10th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Looks great!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
April 10th, 2009, 01:11 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It looks great!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search