Pcos and miscarriage...worried :(

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2009, 11:46 AM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
HI Ladies,

I tend to be on the pessimistic side , especially re. me getting pregnant on this month's first cycle of Clomid. I think I am the most worried about a potential miscarriage. I've heard different things, not sure how much of it is true and/or why it's true, so if you all can help clear things up--that'd be great!

Here are my concerns/questions:
  • Why do women with pcos have an increased risk of having a miscarriage?
  • Do women with pcos tend to have 'damaged' eggs because they don't ovulate on a monthly basis (I only ovulate about 3 times a year, if I'm lucky)?
  • Why does Clomid increase ones risk for having a miscarriage?

THANK YOU!

Thank you, *Kiliki*, for my sweet siggy!

April 13th, 2009, 11:57 AM
*Mrs.J.2011*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I'm Kaleigh (23) DB is Chris (24) we have been TTC #1 since July. I was dx'd when I was 15. I replied to another of your questions on a different board earlier, its nice to see you found us!

I wish I could answer these questions, unfortunately I've been wondering all the same! I dont *think* there has been enough research to answer those unfortunately, (at least with a lot of accuracy) but I hope someone can prove me wrong!!! Ladies?

I see you are from MA! Me too, what part? I'm originally from a small town out near Concord, but now I live in the Worcester area.

Missing our little "Duckie" since 06-22-09
April 13th, 2009, 12:08 PM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
Hi Again,

Thanks for responding to my posts ! I am actually in Cambridge for the next two years while my hubby finishes law school--it's my first year in the Boston area, we just moved from Texas about a year ago (and I'm originally from California) so I've been all over !

April 13th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Very nice! Boston is such a great place! I love living in MA! I grew up here so I'm bias, but still haha

April 13th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
From what I've read it isn't so much that PCOS causes a higher miscarriage risk, but that the problems associated with your particular case can cause problems. Extremely high testosterone levels or very poor progesterone levels are two of the problems that can cause PCOS related miscarriage. If they already know you have those problems though they can treat them accordingly. It seemed like a lot of the miscarriages I read about occurred before the actual diagnosis or occurred due to an incompetent doctor.

Hope this helps!

April 13th, 2009, 05:13 PM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
Kaleigh-there is so much to do here; it's nice that it's finally Spring, the flowers are so beautiful here, we don't get seasons in TX! I saw in another post you're getting an HSG soon? I get mine this Monday! A little nervous about it...
MamaAnna-thanks for the info; the strange thing with me is that I don't have hormonal imbalances, last time they checked, everything seemed right...so maybe that's a good thing? I know it's hard to say, I don't know what's causing my cysts...

April 13th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
No hormonal imbalances is a GREAT thing. For me the issue was low estrogen so I couldn't get pregnant. Once I did though there was nothing else to raise the risk of miscarriage. It still scared the daylights out of me for a long time though.

April 14th, 2009, 06:55 AM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
Thanks for the encouragement . I'm not sure what causes my irregularity and cysts; I was just diagnosed with celiac disease...maybe that has something to do with it?

April 14th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Yup HSG is today! I'm so nervous!!

My fSIL has celiac, so does one of my BFF and my grandmother.. Its actually becoming a pretty common diagnosis! I'm sorry you were dx'd with it. Some of the food my fSIL makes is pretty darn good tho! lol

Yup HSG is today! I'm so nervous!!

My fSIL has celiac, so does one of my BFF and my grandmother.. Its actually becoming a pretty common diagnosis! I'm sorry you were dx'd with it. Some of the food my fSIL makes is pretty darn good tho! lol

April 15th, 2009, 09:13 AM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
I'm glad your HSG went well--I saw your tubes were all clear-that's great! My HSG is less than a week away, I am so nervous .

Tags
clomid , miscarriage , pcos

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search