just got dianosed with PCOS.. help anyone?

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2009, 06:24 PM
wantingtobeamommy's Avatar Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to wantingtobeamommy
Ok.. So i just came from the doctor earlier today... My doc says I have PCOS, which is why i have not gotten pregnant for 2 years. I am just wondering if anyone has had any sucess getting preg while on Metformin or if you had to take Metformin and chlomid together? Any advice would help, as I don't know too much about PCOS, just the basics... I have a pap for Thurs and was going to see if my doc can write the prescription of Metformin that day and get started on it...

Thanks!
April 14th, 2009, 07:04 AM
*Mrs.J.2011*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I'm Kaleigh (23) DB is Chris (24) we have been TTC #1 since July. I was dx'd when I was 15. I've never used Met, but there are some women that get pregnant with using Met alone (it can help to regulate your system) and some women get pregnant on the combo of Met and Clomid. Met is usually (but not always) only prescribed to women who are insulin resistant.

Have you had any bloodwork done? ultrasounds?
How did the dr come to the conclusion you have PCOS?

Good luck and I have you get some answers and a real soon!

KUP!

Welcome! I'm Kaleigh (23) DB is Chris (24) we have been TTC #1 since July. I was dx'd when I was 15. I've never used Met, but there are some women that get pregnant with using Met alone (it can help to regulate your system) and some women get pregnant on the combo of Met and Clomid. Met is usually (but not always) only prescribed to women who are insulin resistant.

KUP!

KUP!

Missing our little "Duckie" since 06-22-09
April 14th, 2009, 10:45 PM
I had blood work done yesterday. I go in Thursday for my Pap and will find out then how the blood work went. The doc requested 4 tests. I don't remember which they were but I know one was sugar and cholestoral.

My doc said because I am overweight, hard to lose weight, no periods, no ovulation she said i had PCOS. I have not had a period on my own for about 2 years. My dad, who is a PA always prescribed me Provera to help start my periods every 3 months. I have had cysts on my ovaries when I was 16 and they burst and I have mild Endo. I guess that is how she figured I had PCOS. On Thurs is when I will ask if I can start the Metformin. I have done some reading and I am hoping that alone will help me out. I just hope it doesnt take too long. I am hoping a couple months it will regulate everything and i'll get preg. I want it to happen at least by the end of the year. I am still pretty young. I'll be 22 in Sept and my DH turned 23 this past Feb. Anyway... I will keep everyone updated on how everything is going! Thanks for the reply!
April 15th, 2009, 07:22 AM
STL_Beth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was diagnosed in a very similar way. My doctor thought I had it based on my symptoms. Bloodwork showing testosterone levels and I think some other things indicated PCOS as well and the confirmation came when I had an ultrasound and there was lots and lots of cysts on my ovaries. More recently, they did some bloodwork and tests to determine if I was insulin resistant, however, I've been on Metformin since the original diagnosis. I did learn that you should take metformin with your largest meal, not necessarily at night before bed. I also did 2 cycles of Clomid (one at 50mg and one at 100mg) and both of those with metformin failed to make me ovulate, so now I'm on a more monitored cycle with 100mg clomid, an fsh injection and then a trigger and I might actually be ovulating for the first time ever right now. GOOD LUCK to you and I hope you stick around. Feel free to ask as many questions as you would like.

My Blog
April 15th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Thanks for your reply! I will defintly let ppl know updates when I know! I have a pap tomorrow. I think my doc might do an ultrasound, she hasnt done one yet. she just asked if i have had cysts before and endo, which I have. I got the blood work done a couple days ago and get the results hopefully tomorrow... And i hope i can start on metformin tomorrow as well. I am hoping that is all I wil lneed and in a couple months i will end up preg, but if I have to take chlomid as well, that' fine too I'll keep everyone updated. I'll update tomorrow after my pap...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search