Got my labs back - Not sure what this means

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2009, 07:13 AM
meeki's Avatar Regular
Send a message via AIM to meeki Send a message via MSN to meeki
The first time I was diagnosed with PCOS, my progesterone and LFH and maybe one or two others were off. I was also coming off meds so they were worried that was what caused it. They checked my pituitary gland and all was okay. I just got the results from the second lab work and it showed everything was good except for my estrogen, which was very low. I only saw the NP, so she needs to confer with the DR, but she said she is confused as to what it means and if estrogen replacements would help, but she still thinks it supports the PCOS diagnosis. It's funny (well not really haha) because just the other day I remarked to DH that I was getting nasty hot flashes and it reminded me of what my mom said about her menopause. My periods are still regular (well regular as they've always been, varying from 29-44 days), so I'm confused and I don't feel confident now about what's wrong with me since my NP is puzzled. I was just getting ready to start metformin too, but now they want me to wait and I'm not even sure if that would have helped? Has anyone else had just low estrogen?

April 21st, 2009, 08:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's a part of my PCOS diagnosis actually. My OB just prescribed Clomid so I could get pregnant. We'll develop a plan to deal with the low estrogen in a non-TTC way after we're done having kids. My mom went through menopause in her early 30s. I may just let myself follow in her footsteps.

April 21st, 2009, 08:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommy2lilman Send a message via Yahoo to mommy2lilman
Wow. I wish I had my results back. Arg. Good luck with everything!

April 21st, 2009, 10:19 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It varies so much for all of us. My estrogen levels were fine, but testosterone was a little high and my progesterone after Oing was low and I have a short LP. My insulin levels fluctuate, and my doc did put me on the Metformin. Our symptoms, test results, and treatments are different for each of us. Good luck & I hope your doc finds what works best for you to get that BFP!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!

Tags
low estrogen , pcos

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search