natural pg after 7 years with pcos

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't updated here yet, but today I felt I should. I was on this board until June 09 as below.

We went off bcp in April 2004. We went on Clomid in July 2005 after an hcg and bloodwork. They were thinking I might have pcos based on some hormone levels, but nobody was really sure. In Aug 05 I got my Clomid bfp, only to have a missed m/c and lose baby in Oct 05 at 12 weeks. We were devastated.

My obgyn put me back on Clomid the next month and I got my bfp in January 2006, for my DS1 born on his EDD in October 2006. I had gdm during my pg, and it went away following his birth.

My mom had type 2 diabetes, and both sisters had gdm. I've been 50lbs overweight since finishing University at 21.

Nov 2006, I asked my obgyn for bcp at my 6wk pp check, he said that was a bad idea, and to call him when I was done EBF so I could do Clomid again.

April 2007-done EBF at 6 mos, and went on Clomid one week later. Month after month with no monitoring, and no bfp; progesterones always showed I O'd, but always bfn's. My internist discovered I was insulin resistant and put me on Metformin 500mg three times a day. March 08 I got referred to an RE 9 hours away, and finally got to see an RE at the fert clinic in August 2008. I had ten cysts on each ovary, the largest was 10cm across--my obgyn never did an u/s on all that time with Clomid. Nov 2008 I had to have another hsg, and then a lap to remove the cysts. They were already gone from stopping the Clomid in August, but obgyn took off what was left for cysts.

February 2009-the three of us plus dog move 9 hours away for a 2 week hotel stay, for our first IVF cycle. I was called a poor responder and they converted to IUI, and to come back for a FLARE protocol in June 2009.

April 24, 2009--we get a call out of the blue from FIL, saying he works with a man who has twin nb grandsons, born at 28 weeks in Feb 09, who need to be adopted, do we want them? Again, May 2009-three of us plus dog move 5 hours away, for a one month stay to finish NICU stay with twins. They are healthy, feeders/growers. June 12th 2009, we bring them home at 42 weeks, 8.5lbs each. June 16th I get a call from fert clinic to come in for FLARE, I kindly says no thank you

January 16, 2010-get another call asking if the twins 21 month old sister can "come for a visit" while her parents are divorcing, she lives with same grandparents. She comes over that weekend, and never leaves Her adoption is finalized March 3, 2010.

We have been ntnp since we brought the twins home in June 2009. My A1C's are normal, glucs are normal, still on metformin, on synthroid, seeing my internist every 3 months for same. Put on meds that would be compatible with pg, but nobody ever thought it would happen. I'm an unexplained infertility, nice term hey?

Aug 23, 2010-dh and I have our marriage convalidated on our 7th wedding anniversary in the Catholic Church. I look at the pictures, and am disgusted at how roly poly I look, its time to exercise again. I started watching old Grey's and Desperate episodes while walking on the treadmill: 1-2 miles a day. I do this for 10 weeks. I lose no weight at all, but I do go down two pant sizes.

Nov 1, 2010-AF shows, what else is new?

Nov 2010-dh and I go on a childless 2nd honeymoon to Mexico, we know I'm W2O, but never thinking it'll happen. We're open to another bio child, but since we've NEVER had a natural pg, when IVF couldn't even get me pg, what chance did we really have? Great time, lots of dtd, food, booze, sun, amazing time away. We missed the kids, but really needed the time together.

Nov 27, 2010-we're having dh's xmas party and my usual 23 day cycle might be late. I've had sore bbs, but nothing really weird. For poops and giggles I dig out an old hpt that will expire on Dec 1st-my FRER gives me a 2nd line. Seriously. We were both dumb-founded. We're in shock. Nov 29th I get a beta-my family doc has had a standing order for hcg's for me since he took me off bcp in April 04, comes in handy, my beta is 98 at 4 weeks. At 5 weeks its 2592, at 6 weeks its 13K plus. Somehow, we got pg on our own--and the only thing I can contribute it to is that 1-2 miles a day for 10 weeks--haven't worked out since Nov 4th when we left on holidays. I haven't even taken my met faithfully since spring 2010 as I was having GI side effects again and was miserable on it. The only thing was lots of dtd at the "right" time, and working out enough to get that insulin resistance down enough to O a good egg, I guess. I was only walking, and I lost no weight, but something worked

I am 37 years old, I've been on insulin since 5 weeks, doing three times a day glucs, and preparing for a repeat c/s this summer.

Praying for bfp's with nice sticky beans for all

Love M
January 8th, 2011, 08:03 PM
*~*N*i*c*o*l*e*~*'s Avatar Mommy Since 2006
congratulations and what an amazing story. Those kids are definitly lucky to have you as their moma

******Thank you Julka for my beautiful siggy******

January 9th, 2011, 09:20 AM
aprils242001's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to aprils242001
Wow! That story is awesome! I got chills and started crying reading this! Congrats on the beautiful kids you and the one on its way! Good luck!
January 14th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Super Mommy
Wow, thanks for sharing and Congratulations!!!

Thank you so much BAM for my awesome siggy

February 19th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Thanks for posting your story. Congratulations on your sticky bean!! I too have been successful in conceiving following a regular exercise routine/weight loss. It did the trick 5 times. It seems to be my magic pill. Hope it works for me again..im 34 and ttc my 4th child. Clock is ticking.......
October 16th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just wanted to come back and share my latest and last miracle born on July 24th, Mr Joseph.
I hope you all get your miracles

October 29th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
He is so cute! I love your family's story.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search