would any of you ladies ever attempt

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Momsince06's Avatar Mommy Since 2006
freebirth?

I am looking into this option as well as hba3c but Im not sure if i could get a midwife to take my case. I would ideally love to be allowed to labor at a hospital and have trial of labor there, but i doubt that will be allowed considering what i went through to even be allowed to try labor and if didnt even end up happening and i still had a c section. but im just wndering if any of you ladies would ever do freebirth or do homebirths?

******Thank you Julka for my beautiful siggy******

January 12th, 2011, 10:39 AM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know a lot of woman who have homebirths and they seem to love it. I don't think I would feel safe...at least not for the first one...maybe after I had one I would be more comfortable exploring options. I just don't want to risk any complications harming the baby..even though there are a ton of benefits to having the baby at home..idk. I guess everyone is different though so it has to be a matter of opinion and preference...

Oh btw..several of these woman did not have midwives cause its illegal in some states to have homebirths. They just had their husband deliver the babies.
January 12th, 2011, 11:57 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
one girl in my ex ddc was a home birther - I did not get the chance to stick around long enough to find out if she did it on her own or had a MW or what her name is Isaeph - I am sure she could give you some pointers. Also check out the home birth board!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 (9wks) & 3/1/14 (9wks)
Chemical Pregnancy 5/31/15
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 12th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What is hba3c? I always like seeing births with little intervention, but not sure I could ever do a homebirth. With Noah, we chose a hospital birth just because it's a smaller hospital, so we still got a personalized homey feel, but with the protection that there were doctors there just in case. Plus, I didn't have to worry about my home or clothes getting all messy. With Noah, I did it completely natural, no meds or anything. The only "intervention" we used was our doctor broke my water because I was at 9.5 cm and it was pretty much the only thing holding me back and I just wanted to get it over with.

January 12th, 2011, 02:03 PM
hba3c is home birth after 3 c sections

I will look into that board when the time comes i guess. I talked to dh about it. Hes willing to let me try at home but he wants me to make sure I understand all the signs of uterine rupture and know when somethings not right and i need to go into the hosptial. Plus we would see about having ems on standby. I guess time will only tell.

January 12th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Super Mommy
That would be brave to do! I would consider a homebirth but I had a PPH after having my DD, so I would be a little cautious. I wouldn't attempt a homebirth after a c-section, but I might try for a VBAC in hospital.

Thank you so much BAM for my awesome siggy

January 13th, 2011, 06:37 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't want to, because with me being high risk,
A.) I'm not eligible for HB
B.) I wouldn't want to take the risk of something going wrong & happening to my baby.
Once I get to the point of birthing my healthy baby, I will cover all my bases to make sure everything goes fine.

I do know some people who have done home births & love them, so you may.
January 13th, 2011, 06:44 AM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You should talk with my sister..she has sorta become and expert on this sort of stuff..she is having a VBAC next month. I can give you her info if you want! I am sure she can tell you alot of stuff about it..
January 13th, 2011, 08:45 AM
that woiuld be awesome. I attempted a vbac with my second pregnnacy. I got to 10cm dialated and ready to push, however the ob on call refused to allow me to push because i was a vbac and he wasnt comfortable with it, so basically he messed with my pitocin and bullied me into a c section. And then i tried to get a doc to let me with my 3rd but she would have been too big to have it happen. at 35 weeks when she was born she was 9lbs 9.5oz

January 13th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Super Mommy
Wow, she was a big baby, especially for 35 weeks! With the history you just described, especially with having big babies, personally, I would think it was too high risk to do at home

Thank you so much BAM for my awesome siggy

January 13th, 2011, 09:30 AM
BuckeyeGal23's Avatar Happy Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyto4AngelBabies View Post
I wouldn't want to, because with me being high risk,
A.) I'm not eligible for HB
B.) I wouldn't want to take the risk of something going wrong & happening to my baby.
Once I get to the point of birthing my healthy baby, I will cover all my bases to make sure everything goes fine.

I do know some people who have done home births & love them, so you may.
Agree for all the same reasons! I am too high risk to even consider it, and it wouldn't be worth any risk to the baby, in my mind. I'm a big fan of modern medicine lol

Mommy to two beautiful boys...born 10/11/11 and 6/5/14. And another due 4/27/16!
January 13th, 2011, 09:59 AM
my other children wernt big at all hun. my first was 4lbs 4.4 oz, my second was 7lbs ont he dot. The last baby was so big due to uncontrolled gestational diabetes. They couldnt get me sugars under control due to stress i was under. MY sugers were too high even on their controlled diets at the hospital. it was scary. But that stress is over and out of my life now so it would be as well control as it is now cuz my gestational never went away after havng her so it went into type 2 diabetes. Im totally high risk. I jsut want to be allowed to try a hosptial vbac but i know its not possible. my doc said if i go into labor on my own and stay at home as long as i can he will allw me to try at hospital if i am past 5 and am around 6-7 cm dialated.

January 13th, 2011, 11:44 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nicole how horrible!

My second was a VBAC - I had the best MW on the planet!

If I were in your shoes I would have gone AMA and popped a squat in the parking lot and pushed out the baby outside.

An unassisted HB is something I would consider if I couldn't find a provider to take me as a patient because I am higher risk and a VBAC. I would NEVER just resign to a ERCS just because "they" say so.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 (9wks) & 3/1/14 (9wks)
Chemical Pregnancy 5/31/15
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 13th, 2011, 12:47 PM
With Noah it was a horrible birthing experience, but best becuse the labor made me feel so close to him and whatnot. But from the get go, i was starting at my cervix being unprepared, had a catheder instered into my cervix. Then when it was out i was 3cm. They put me on pitocin and i got to 5cm an dstayted there for hours. They told me I was close to being a failure to progress ans I was stuck in the bed. They broke my water as a last shot for me to go befor ethey said c section.I begged for meds at this point to ease the pain. They tried bt couldnt get the epidural in after 7 attemps i said forget it. I went naturally to 10 cm. The doc who got my case came in and said well i dont like that you are vbacing as a plus size woman so many things can go wrong. He messed with my pitocin. he left the room. And then **** hit the wall. I contracted super hard for too long and the internal heartbeat monitor beat 4 times.. that was it. I didnt get to catch my breath as i contracted immediately after the last contractin. The nurse in my room ran over to me and the monitor. She saw panick and started to yell at me to breath as hard as i could. So that contraction was long and hard and the heartbeat went twice. Then during my last contraction that was right after the second one.. there was no heartbeat on the monitor. the nurse was screaming she turned off my pitocin immeidatly. The doc came in and said okay u ready for a c section. I said yes.. they checked the baby, he was fine now. heartbeat and all. Well then i sat in my room while 3 other ladies went for c sections before me.. I knew i had been dooped into this c section but i didnt know at the time i could have said hook me back up, cuz the nurse had already left the room and they left me waiting for 4 hours before my section. I was so sad. I felt like i failed. I went all the way drug free and i was told I was only 9cm, but in the report made to my doctor they said she was 10cm ready to push. IF she had just pushed the baby would have come out. I didnt know ANY of this. I was so sad. I still am to this day.

Thats why with emma i jsut wanted a trial of labor but i was told no. I switched obs and he said yes. Emma should have been born at 32 weeks when she was still normal size and not huge. But because this ob said i could try i stayed with him. Well it almost cost me my life because my pre e was bad and i almost didnt make it out of deliver. I know alot of ppl question why i would want more children, but thats for me to know . I know what ive gone through and if that question was asked i wouldnt have 3 children id only have had caleb. All of my deliveries have been hard but I know i cand o it. I just need someone to say yes here we will monitor oyu, but let you be to labor. Not to be bed bound and todl i cant move. I almost did it with noah and if i had the right midwife to support me or ob to support me and not mess with soemthing that didnt need to be messed with noah would have been born vaginally, emma would still have been a c section but the next baby could have been another vbac. So neways, i hope i find someone because I just want to try labor. With emma I was in labor nad i went ot my docs office and he said i was 3.5 cm dialated and to meet him at the hospital when he was done his patients for the day and he would break my water. Well at 12 i went into hospital and baby had flipped to breech and my labor halted. Now if my doc had just broken my water, im sure emma would have come vaginally.

January 14th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Super Mommy
I have had 2 C-sections... My DR. messed up my chance at a vbac with my 2nd daughter.. well he was not my dr but the doc on call .. So ... when I got pregnant with the twins I lost i wanted to press for a VBA2C .. With a singleton I would have had to fight , when we found out it was twins, there was no chence.. but.. we are trying again now sooo... I would consider a home LABOR... and stay at home with a doula as long as possible, then to to the hospital and labor as long as I could walking around there before I was admitted... but when I get the chance again and I am pregnant while I would consider a home birth but I think I would be more likely to go for a home labor with Hospital PUSH :-)
January 14th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Expecting #1
I wouldnt consider it. I know many people have successful home births, without a previous c section, and even after c sections. I just couldn't do it.

It doesnt seem like anyone in my family has easy deliveries. There unfortunately always seems to be dangerous heart rate drops in the babies, and I just wouldn't want to risk it for myself or my baby just because of what I've seen from my family members when I'm in the room.

My sister had an emergency c section at 31 weeks due to severe pre-e(she was in the hospital for 3 weeks before that though). She had a stroke before she was prepped for it. It was terrible! She's due with her second next month and is planning a VBAC though. I'd definitely consider a VBAC in a hospital if I had a previous csection.

Olivia Ann born October 12 2011, 5lb 6oz

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search