question about clomid...

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2011, 10:26 AM
bluebawler's Avatar country*mama*wannabe
Well, apparently my period started and now I'm cycle day 4. I'm debating whether or not to take the clomid tomorrow. I was warned about the crazy side affects by my friend. I was wondering does it make you really crazy and emotional in the head or is it just how different people react? My friends marriage almost ended because she used the clomid and it sent her into depression. That's the one thing thats bothering me. Has that happened to anyone else or does it happen to people who are already depressed? Sorry it was so long but thanks!
January 20th, 2011, 10:37 AM
ready2Bamommy28's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello, I don't think I will be much help but I just wanted to wish you luck and say hey we can be Clomid buddies lol I am on CD3 and just took my first pill today this is my first round onf Clomid and I too and very nervous because I have heard alot about all the crazy side effects. My RE told me not to worry tho because they are not very common. Good luck and I have my fingers crossed that you don't get any of those crazy side effects.

January 20th, 2011, 10:57 AM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The first round I took it I had a day of depression...it does seem to effect my moods some..but really its not that bad and seems to be getting better each round. I only take it for 3 days though so Idk if it would effect me worse if I took it longer.

When i do have moods I try to remind myself and DH that its probably hormones and meds! That helps alot!
January 20th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Ritzbitz's Avatar In love with my daughter
I've never taken it, so i doubt i'd be any help but i think the s/e vary by person. Try not to think about it when you are taking it and just see what happens i guess. Lots of luck, hope you get your BFP soon

thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

January 20th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Thanks ya'll.
ready2Bamommy28 I would love to have a clomid buddy because it'll be my first try at it. I hope it won't make us both pycho lol.
January 20th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Veteran
I didn't have too much of a hard time with it. I mean, I was moody, had hot flashes & achy ovaries but after experiencing pregnancy can honestly say they weren't bad at all! The side effects are temporary, too, so don't woory too much. GL!!
January 21st, 2011, 04:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Popping out of my JM coma to post on this one. I had mood swings (typically angry), hot flashes, cramps, ovulation bleeding, etc. on Clomid. Everybody has SOME side effect, but for some women they're barely noticeable while they're a lot harder on others. It depends on how your body reacts to the hormone changes, dosage, how long you've been on it, etc. The second round was a lot harder than the first and with both rounds it was a lot worse during the 2WW than when I was actually taking the pills. Just make sure to explain to your SO that there is a good chance it will be like extra long PMS so you've given fair warning and if you have anything that helps when you're in a mood keep extra handy.

Good luck!

January 21st, 2011, 04:29 AM
NannyJen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first round of clomid, I didn't get any s/e. My second round I had hot flashes and a little dizzy here and there. And during my luteal phase, I was a bit short tempered (not too bad), and my breasts were insanely sore (nipples). So far it looks like I'm experiencing the same s/e during this round (my third).

All in all though, it's definitely not bad enough for me to say "f*** it, I'm not taking it anymore". The benefits far outweigh the risk, if you ask me. Everyone is different, and I've heard of some women (online) claiming that it nearly destroyed their marriage. But I haven't even come close to that.

I hope the s/e aren't too bad for you. Good luck!

January 21st, 2011, 05:16 AM
Momsince06's Avatar Mommy Since 2006
With my first round of clomid (last month). I was super crazy insanely emotional it was just bad. I cried at EVERYTHING. Didnt matter what it was, if something went slightly wrong I burst into tears. Then I was VERY moody when I was crying. It was bad. I didnt feel like myself. I was super stresed over if clomid would work and it made me go nuts. However, with my second cycle of clomid I havnt experienced any of what happened last month. Im under even more stress this month and I havnt had any of the hormonal issues I did last month. So I think it varys from time to time or person to person. But as for the other side effects, I only have a few mild hot flashes not lasting too long, and crazy dreams. This cycle none.

******Thank you Julka for my beautiful siggy******

January 21st, 2011, 05:42 AM
BuckeyeGal23's Avatar Happy Mommy
Anna, glad to see you pop out of your coma Now make it permanent silly!! We miss you...although I get my Anna fix on FB so it's not all bad

Anyhow, what dosage are you taking? On 50mg, I had no s/e that I know of. But on 100mg I typically get hot flashes and am moody - about the same as PMS though. I would just warn your SO about what could happen, and just make sure you communicate that if you're grumpy, it's not him, it's probably the meds.

Good luck!

Mommy to two beautiful boys...born 10/11/11 and 6/5/14. And another due 4/27/16!
January 21st, 2011, 08:46 AM
My dosage is 50mg for days 5-9. I was also wondering if it needs to be taken at a certain time of day because I was thinking of taking it at night. Does it make you sick if not taken with foods? Also my doc is a Nurse Practicioner and she is wanting me to come in on certain days of my cycle to do tests as well as 6 different vitamins( B12, Fish Oil, Calcium, Folic Acid, Prenatal and Prenatal w/ DHA) and I can't afford all that not including the metformin. I can't remember to take all that! I'm starting to wonder about her if she's just trying to get money out of me.
Anyway thanks ya'll. I greatly appreciate all the replies.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search