Diatary Dangers for Fertility & IVF

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Ooo You Touch My TraLaLa
Send a message via Skype™ to Dez
Quote:
Dietary Dangers for Fertility & IVF

Pyrolysis. A process that occurs when proteins are cooked at high temperatures in unsaturated fats. This adversely affexts eggs and the fenetic material they contain. So stick to poaching and braising using olive oil.

Sufficient levels of vitamin A, B1, B2, B5, B6, B12, C, folate, zinc, magnesium, selenium, and essential fatty acids help protect against mutagens that may cause damage.

Vitamin A, C, E, are potent in the difestive tract and continue their action in the blood and around cell membranes. They are antioxidants and help to limit damage by pollutants. An excess of vitamin A however can cause birth defects, so the recommended daily dosage is under 3000 IU.

Calcium, magnesium, selenium, and zinc are powerful antimutagens and reduce uptake of aluminm, cadmium, lead, and mercury.

Green Tea contains substances known as catechins that are powerful antimutagens.

Cholorella is considered to be an exceptionally broad spectrum antimutagen supplement. A freshwater algae that is a rich source of nutrients, chlorella binds to heaby metals and chemicals that have accumulated in the body.

Cilantro is a powerful heavy metal detoxifier, as well as pectin-rich foods such as apples, pears, and bananas.

Dietary fiber from friut, veggies, whole grains, oat bran, and legumes helps in the excretion of toxins from the body. Avoid wheat bran because it can block mineral absorption.

Low protein levels in the body create a situation where the production of DNA is impeded. Amino acids from protein are the essential building blocks of life. Protein intake is shown to be most important around ovulation, and up to the end of the first trimester.

Flavorings and additives appear in many prepared foods and drinks. Many dried fruits are sulfured. Salt additives in theory are not so bad but the amount used to preserve food plays a role in the upset of hormonal balances.

Aspartame (click for shocking article on aspartame) is likely to be found in any sweetener you put in your drink. Anything labeled 'diet' or 'sugar free', any gum or breath freshener, all will have aspartame as a sweetener. When the temperature of aspartame exceeds 30 degrees centigrade (86 F), which the body acomplishes quite quickly once it is ingested, the wood alcohol in it converts to formaldahyde (a poison used to preserve body parts) and then to formic acid which is even more toxic.
Aspartame may cause miscarriage because it makes the body have an immune reation to it, which can destroy the fetus.

MSG (monosodium glutamate) is found in a lot of food in Chinese or Mexican restaurants, or prepared foods. It has been shown to cause infertility in animals. It is also in chips, meat seasonings, and soups.

Fertility Diet and Lifestyle - Infertility & IVF Vancouver BC (British Columbia) Canada - Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine for Infertility, IVF (in vitro fertilization), IUI (inta uterine insemination) , other artificial reproductive tech
I can't seem to find how recent/old this article is but I'm looking to see if any of it has been dispelled. I've always been told to eat like a Diabetic. Avoid real sugars and stick to sugar- free. This suggests that even for diabetics this is a horrible idea. :/ Anyone?
February 19th, 2011, 02:48 AM
Expecting #1
I was told my by doctor to eat as a diabetic as well, and stick to the Lo GI diet. But, I was also told to stay away from artificial sugars as it can cause all sorts of problems with vision, headaches, possibly cancers, etc. I didn't know it could increase the risk of miscarriage though. That's scary!

It's so difficult though because I love gum!

Olivia Ann born October 12 2011, 5lb 6oz

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search