Any BBW/Plus size Ladies here???

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2011, 08:26 PM
With PCOS, we tend to carry at least a little extra fluff then our non-pcos sisters. How many on here are considered plus size?

Im currently a size 26. I have been a big girl thruout all my pregnancies without complications. I would love to know others on here and/or be an encouragement to those who feel that conceiving and giving birth at this size may be a huge challenge.

Anyone..anyone????
February 18th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Ooo You Touch My TraLaLa
Send a message via Skype™ to Dez
I was a 22 before dropping the weight. I'm a 16 now which is still considered plus size. I still worry that if I get pregnant now I'll just look fat and not pregnant because of my whole panda pouch tummy overhang thingy. I do hope that I'll be able to do a vaginal birth and not have a c-section.
February 18th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Super Mommy
I'm a 16-18 and I was about the same when pregnant with DD, the only difference now is that I have saggy fat, instead of solid/tight fat I had a natural vaginal birth, that was very quick so there is hope Dez!
I think the biggest problem with plus sized ladies in terms of birthing is the higher risk of GD and therefore the increased risk of a very large baby. I saw a dietician through my first pg and didn't put on much weight at all and didn't develop GD because I worked hard on keeping it all under control because I was avoiding a c-section like the plague.

Thank you so much BAM for my awesome siggy

February 18th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Thanks for replying

I was a size 16 when I was pregnant with my 1st baby. I gained over 60lbs by the time I gave birth. It was a healthy pregnancy and vaginal birth with a healthy recovery. I was diagnosed with PCOS a year later while preparing to ttc baby#2.

Pregnancy #2 happened easily after a 10lb weight loss and low carb diet. I gained 28lbs and again had a healthy pregnancy and vaginal birth with a healthy recovery.

Pregnancy #3 was a surprise and again happened after a 15lb weight loss. This pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 10wks. We then tried to conceive after that and failed for 2 years. I went thru tests and the results all pointed to PCOS. I was over stressed and exhausted so I gave up. Stopped trying and went on with my life.. about a year and a half later we decided to try one more time...literally one cycle..and we were shocked to find out we DID IT! This cycle again was after another 12lb weight loss.
So my 4th pregnancy resulted in our 3rd baby..I was a size 28 when we conceived. I only gained 11lbs. It was another healthy pregnancy (borderline Gestational Diabetes but never crossed over the line) Another healthy vaginal delivery and extremely fast recovery. I was a size 24 a month after delivery. But once my milk came in..so did my appetite..UGH!

I too had the worry of looking more fat then pregnant thruout all my pregnancies..and im sure there were times where people probably werent sure. I made sure i looked the part...wore maternity clothes that definately suggested I was more than just a bit fluffy
I regret NOT taking belly shots no matter what my size at the time. I think back at how rediculous I was to think"if i have a flabby belly then my bump isnt worthy of documentation". STUPID STUPID STUPID!!! Pregnancy is one of the most beautiful phases we go thru as a woman. SAVOR every minute of it..take pride of your miracle. Its all over much too fast.
February 19th, 2011, 01:46 AM
Expecting #1
I'm a 16/18 depending on the brand. I hate it though! I've lost 38 pounds so far and haven't even changed pants sizes because of my horrible stomach. 18s are loose, but not to the point of not being able to wear them. I'm still in the process of losing weight though. Not for TTC(I wasn't always heavy. Even when I was a healthy weight, I NEVER had normal periods) but just for my over all health.

I'm glad to see some success though!

Olivia Ann born October 12 2011, 5lb 6oz

February 19th, 2011, 04:40 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
I was a size 24-26 and I have shed nearly 35lb and I am now down to a size 22-24 in pants - even though I am pre-pregnacy weight - my body shape has just changed.
I have always been 'plus size'. I did have a c/s though but that was due to a failed induction

February 19th, 2011, 05:06 AM
I was a size 14 after losing weight with a lapband and I am a size 16-18. In my pregnancy with my daughter I put on 40kg! All the weight I had lost with my band right back on! But I have 12kg to go until I am back to the pre baby weight now

I had GD with my daughter who was 8lz 10oz at 38 weeks born, also complications from GD with her getting stuck during her natural delivery and having low PGL (glucose levels) which then developed into an infection and 12 days in the NICU.

My body shape as changed, I find I am lower heavy now in place of all over. I have lost so much in my face, chest and upper belly but its all dropped down to my legs and lower belly!!
Our princess arrived 17.09.10 - our NICU fighter!
BFP clomid 150mg - ectopic 2011
3rd round clomid 150mg - BFP!
Our prince arrived 01.03.11
Ttc #3 5 rounds of clomid no ovulation
IUI booked 16.01.13
BFP on break before IUI! EDD 20.09.2013!
February 19th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Ritzbitz's Avatar In love with my daughter
im right there with you girls... Im also a 16/18 depending on the brand

i used to be a size 6 when i used to be a dancer, that gradually went up and really shot through the roof this past year after fertility meds and stress!

thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

February 19th, 2011, 06:39 AM
STL_Beth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm a size 16-18 also depending on the brand. I can deal with that ok but I have a hard time with my chest (currently around 38F). I'm a CPA and at my new job, I have to wear suits several days a week. It's do difficult to find clothing in that range that still looks good on me.

As far as pregnancy, I did look just fat in the beginning but around the 2nd trimester, I actually looked pregnant and definitely at the end. I also ate really well and exercised throughout my pregnancy (better than I normally do), so I avoided GD and had a healthy baby with a natural vaginal childbirth, so that's definitely possible.

Raingirl - I'm hoping that maybe I can naturally ovulate if I just lost 10-15 pounds like you. It's losing the 10-15 pounds that is the problem....

My Blog
February 19th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
Like many here, I'm a size 16/18, though closer to a size 16 with me starting to really watch what I eat (as in not eat it.. not watch it as I eat it as I used to say..). I need to lose about 60 lbs though (I carry my weight VERY well...even if I do have a constant 5 month preggo look) to be at my ideal weight.

I'm looking at going on a stricter GI diet, though the hubby won't like it since he's the one that cooks and the fact that we're both carb-ahols...
NTNP #2
February 19th, 2011, 07:44 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am quite the fluffy one - I am a size 28 - I have been trying to loose weight - unsuccessfully - I did have better luck on Metformin, but now I can't get anyone to prescribe it.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

February 19th, 2011, 09:43 AM
NannyJen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm size 22-24. I miss being an 18. I miss being a 14 even more. That's the smallest I've ever been as an "adult" (when I was 18)

February 19th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
I'm 11-13.. But I have been since I was like in 8th grade haha.. And I have to work my arse off in the gym to maintain a 13. I just wanna be a 8-10
February 19th, 2011, 10:09 AM
STL_Beth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ami - I can't believe no one will prescribe you metformin. My OB is the one who always does for me, but even my primary dr said if I ever need to, I can get it from him as well. If it helps, I would think they would want you to loose weight.

Oh if we are going to discuss what weight we used to be, I used to be a size 8 in high school and the first year of college. Then I quit marching band. I know that's what kept me in shape. Then I started eating like a college student. Hello 50 pounds! I've pretty much maintained that weight since college. Gained about 20 pounds during pregnancy, but I"ve lost about 30 since, so I"m 10 pounds less than where I started.

My Blog
February 19th, 2011, 10:12 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm an 8-10 but it's going up quicker than I want
February 19th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Congratulations on all the weight loss you girls have accomplished!! We all know how hard it is to shed the pounds

With my last pregnancy, it again was a result of another weight loss. I was preparing for my wedding. So for me, I know that most likely im going to have to strive to loss weight to get pregnant again..Such a hard battle with all that goes on in my life right now..kind of a "beggers cant be choosers" situation. Constant financial struggle with cut backs @ work and stuff. We get food from a local food bank program to help supplement for now and unfortunately its alot of the wrong kind of food for me Sticking to a low carb diet doesnt seem to be in the cards for me/us as much as I need it to be to TTC.

Frustrated because we cant put off TTC due to our clocks ticking (age ) and our current situation isnt the best for TTC. What i wouldnt give to turn back the clocks 5 years for my body's sake

Im so glad to have found this message board...at least im not alone in all this. You all sound and look like incredibly beautiful people. I wish all of you get your sweet babies you so much deserve

Last edited by raingirl25; February 19th, 2011 at 11:00 AM.
February 19th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Expecting #1
I was a 0 in 9th grade...and a 6 by the time I graduated. That tells you how much weight I have gained since then as I'm only 24. It's so horrible!

Beth, my regular doctor, AND RE will not give me metformin either! My GP thinks it's not proven so refuses to give it since it is a much higher dose than given to diabetics. And my RE won't give it until Clomid fails to work..and since it made me ovulate I don't think there's hope of me ever getting it. He did write a letter to my GP telling her he explained to me Metformin isn't a first choice drug, and he would only give it as a last resort, or if weight loss has stalled. I told him at my last two visits my weight loss has slowed down SO much..and he still refuses to give it to me for some reason. :/

Olivia Ann born October 12 2011, 5lb 6oz

February 19th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
I'm a 24 and even though vie lost 19 pounds I'm yetvto drop a siZe
February 19th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Ooo You Touch My TraLaLa
Send a message via Skype™ to Dez
This is the smallest I've been since I was like 10. So I'm quite happy with the 16, but would be happier to get to an 8. Or even a 13. Sod it, I just want a flatter stomach no flap.
February 20th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Lynley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm a 22...largest I've ever been, or within a few pounds of that at least. I've always been heavy, though - at least since I was 4 or 5. I've had a few successful periods of weight loss - even got down to a 14 once, but after I got married, it's been all downhill from there. DH has the same problem. We just like to eat! And I'm not a huge fan of exercise. I do worry about what will happen during pregnancy - I'm afraid I'll use that "I'm eating for two!" excuse and not watch what I eat as closely as I should. But I'm trying to get more vegetables in and to cut out artificial sugar (I am addicted to tea sweetened with Sweet N Low). Water, water, water....sigh. I understand it'll be a lifelong struggle for me (and for my kids - bless their hearts). But in a way, it helps to know that the PCOS may have some role in my weight problems - it helps explain a lot.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search