new here-WWYD

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2011, 08:07 AM
I don't want to give to much personal info here about myself b/c I do know several people IRL on here and they don't know we are TTC.

I am currently 10 or 11 DPO. I used clomid CD 4-8 this month and triggered on CD 17. I triggered at night but I think I o'd the next day so that is why I am either 10 or 11 DPO.

I started testing at 8DPO and the trigger was gone. I am still getting . I am getting really discouraged. I am going out of town on Monday and won't be back until Friday so if comes while I am OOT then I won't be able to get into the RE for CD 3 bloodwork and ultrasound. I just called the pharmacy and I have 3 more refills of clomid(150mg). Would you go ahead and take the clomid on your own or wait for the dr.

This is not the first time I have used clomid. My DS#1 took lots of rounds of clomid before I was dx'd with PCOS. Once I was on metformin the clomid worked that next month. DS#2 took 3 rounds of clomid (150mg). So I know what I am doing with the clomid and how/when to take it. I just don't think I will be able to trigger this next cycle.

Should I give up hopes for a this cycle? I am figuring since I triggered on CD 17 then I am going to have a 34 day cycle which should be this coming Wednesday. Is it still early? I am using $1 tree tests.
February 25th, 2011, 06:30 PM
aprils242001's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to aprils242001
Don't give up yet! You are still very early! Don't give up till AF shows her ugly face! I hope you get your BFP soon.
February 27th, 2011, 07:30 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope isn't lost yet!
February 28th, 2011, 03:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Definitely don't give up yet! Even with a trigger you're not necessarily going to get an early BFP which is what you're hoping for. Implantation still may not occur until later which is part of why early tests are EVIL. They say you can test as many as 5 days early, but most women don't have any HCG in their system yet at that point. It's not over until the witch shows!

That said, if you do need to do another cycle I would honestly do it either way. The doctor would not be happy, at all, and it would be pretty obvious if you have to request a refill before you're supposed to, but I personally wouldn't want to miss a cycle. That's assuming I didn't have any problems though. No history of hyperstimulation, large cysts, etc. I wouldn't want to take it just to blow the cycle anyways. KWIM?

February 28th, 2011, 06:39 AM
BuckeyeGal23's Avatar Happy Mommy
dont give up hope yet!! there is still polenty of time for a bfp! but, i woul prob just take the clomid on mny own bc it can be a lkoooong wait for another cycle for a cyster! good luck

Mommy to Cameron, my amazing son born 10/11/2011

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search